Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating, 1 side not working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have to look at a job tomorrow. The cust called and said that one side of the room works fine but the other side doesn't work at all. Reckons 1 half hasn't been connected up.

Sounds a bit strange, I asked if it's always been like that and he said yes. Installed approx 1 yr ago.

Also said he can only work the ufh if has the whole house heating on. Sounds like it may have been connected up wrong and needs to be on a separate zone.
Maybe??

Will find out more info tomorrow but find it strange that he hasn't had it rectified by original plumber.

Reckon it's either been done by a cowboy who now won't answer the phone or he's done it himself.

I have never done much with ufh but happy to learn.

Any gurus here who can give a heads up on what to look out for on this limited info?

Thanks

Might that flow to the loops hasn't been setup on the flowmeters evenly or not even opened to flow or air lock in particular loop or manifold (if not level).
Should be piped to have its own flow and return from the primaries after the pump via zone valve. Sounds as if its wired to only come on with the main room stat / heating which is incorrect. Should have its own zone control thermostat, zone valve and S/L to boiler.
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Haven't been yet, cust rescheduled. Will update if he rebooks.

Ash,
If you go there take a few pics of the manifold / pump setup and the boiler set up.
Get details on the thermostat controls and how they are meant to operate.

Might be beneficial posting in the PA

Ash,
If you go there take a few pics of the manifold / pump setup and the boiler set up.
Get details on the thermostat controls and how they are meant to operate.

Might be beneficial posting in the PA

Thanks, not heard back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating, 1 side not working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock