Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heat thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. What type of thermostat can I use for my underfloor radiant heating? I currently have the type shown in the picture and i do not dind it very accurate. Can i get a digital one?
20190929_103928.jpg

Depends what wiring you have at the stat be careful as it will probably be live

Ok. So here is a picture of the wiring. I'm to understand that this is a line voltage thermostat. So, I assume I can simply buy a digital line voltage thermostat and swap it out?
20191001_190351.jpg

You won’t be able to have a digital one as there’s no neutral / ground connection there only hot/live in and hot/live in

Battery operated thermostat?
You still have the live supply switching, but the screen dispay is done by the batteries.

Don’t know if they make one for underfloor heating but good suggestion

You won’t be able to have a digital one as there’s no neutral / ground connection there only hot/live in and hot/live in
I believe that in Canada the colour for live is black and neutral is white. If I'm right, there does seem to be a neutral available.

Reply to Underfloor heat thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the top rail, but as you can see they are at the bottom? Also have I got to loosen off the electrical actuators at the top to refill the system? Cheers
Replies
Views
I have a Neura heat pump and my thermostat has failed (Theben RAM 797 b). I'm looking to replace it with another more modern one I can use with an app etc. My question is, can I replace it with any thermostat or do I require a very specific type thermostat to run the heat pump? Thanks for...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
I just installed second zone onto my ideal independent c35 original I had one hive thermostat now I added two two port valves ( with Bypass) and two hive thermostat V3 it wired into a wiring centre looking at the wiring on the boiler shall I put back the room stat/ timer loop back in as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock