Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to remove lever on Methven sink mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I have a Methven mixer that is leaking around the base so I bought a Fixit-It repair kit.
It does not have a red/blue cover for access to the grub screw at the front but a little indent at the back.
I have tried using a 2.5mm allen key to remove the lever but cannot find the screw .
What am I doing wrong ?

It could well be a 2mm Allen or a slotted grubscrew.
Try taking a photo on your phone , which you can then zoom in - might need to provide a light source too.
Thanks for the reply. Used a mirror and torch and I can see the grub screw that is accessible at a 45 degree angle but for the life a me I can't get the allen key in when I use a 2/2.5mm key. What a stupid design.

Thanks for the reply. Used a mirror and torch and I can see the grub screw that is accessible at a 45 degree angle but for the life a me I can't get the allen key in when I use a 2/2.5mm key. What a stupid design.
Hiya, we're having a similar issue. Did you manage to do it and if so, how?
Thank you!

Hi Chantal, Got a plumber to come round and he could not access the grub screw either. It is a poor design for serviceability.
In the end I just got him to replace the mixer. Will not be using Methven in the future nor will I be recommending the product.

Just out of curiosity, is the short part of the L shaped Allen key being used?

Reply to Unable to remove lever on Methven sink mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock