Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to re-pressurise boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to repressurise my Potterton Promax Boiler as the pressure reading is fairly low at 1 bar. I've read the instruction manual, which says I need to use the filling loop under the boiler. Unfortunately, there isn't a filling loop on the underside of the boiler and no braid attached either, see photo.
I've looked in the hot water cylinder cupboard where there are three black valves. In the photo attached, valves 1 & 2 are the same type, valve 3 is different. Valves 1 & 3 are on both ends of the braid, valve 1 will turn, valve 3 will not.
I have tried turning just valve 1 but nothing happens. When valve 2 is turned water spray comes out.
Any ideas how I re-pressurise my Boiler?
DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

sketch-1578862261750.jpg

3 will open maybe stiff but it will note it will only open one way so have a look

so open 3 all the way then slowly open 1 no more than 1/3 or a turn while keeping an eye on the pressure gauge on your right when it hits around 1.2 shut 1 and then 3

Reply to Unable to re-pressurise boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a leaking drain valve off the CW inlet on a Range Cylinder. Am I right in thinking I have to empty the Cylinder below the CW inlet to change the valve? To isolate cold water to the tank to prevent refill, should I just lock off the 1 stop CW inlet or all 3 red stops? Turn mains...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock