Search the forum,

Discuss UK Construction Week NEC 8th - 10th October 2019 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Any members or sponsors going to be at this event?

We are heading down there on the 9th to meet with @FIXRADIO before their awards later in the evening. (Have you nominated anyone? If not you can here)

So if you see us knocking about there say hello to us, it's always nice to put faces to names :)

So far we have a couple of tilers, and about 4 sparks going.

One of the tilers has got to the last 5 of the runners up in the fix radio fixer of the year awards. He's been asked to bring 5 mates, got VIP tickets, party at the bar at the end of the day on the 9th. So looks like he might have actually won. Not sure how it works. Surely they wouldn't bring all 5 with 5 mates each to the end, only to let 4 (so 20) down, then get them drunk?! lol

Need extra bouncers doing that.

Not sure how it works. Surely they wouldn't bring all 5 with 5 mates each to the end, only to let 4 (so 20) down, then get them drunk?!
From the point of view of the sponsor, awards ceremonies are often about getting good publicity cheaply. They'll want a reasonable sized audience so the photographs make it look like a great occasion. Twenty-five people people is enough to look like a big event provided you have them arranged and photographed right.

From the point of view of the sponsor, awards ceremonies are often about getting good publicity cheaply. They'll want a reasonable sized audience so the photographs make it look like a great occasion. Twenty-five people people is enough to look like a big event provided you have them arranged and photographed right.
They aren't a sponsor. It's nothing to do with sponsors mate.

Don't get your wires crossed here. This is a trade event nothing to do with us. We just have a tiler there, so are going to support him. Some sparkys are coming too as we've not met them. Inc some sparky staff.

Absolutely well said Chuck. I’d put a like or thumbs up.....,,but I’m in chokey!

They aren't a sponsor. It's nothing to do with sponsors mate.

Don't get your wires crossed here. This is a trade event nothing to do with us. We just have a tiler there, so are going to support him. Some sparkys are coming too as we've not met them. Inc some sparky staff.

I think chuck means the more people there the better for the organisers

Eg next year when there looking for people for booths etc they can say we had x amount of foot traffic last year

Yeah I get ya.

Not sure fixradio will need to be saying that to their people though. They're on the radio. They're just using it as a physical outlet. The 4 extra mates the winner brought a long aren't the types of numbers in the example he's giving mind. Just IMO.

He means the ones who bring the coach loads in lol who never buy anything.

I've sold garden furniture are the ideal homes exhibition 3 years in a row, they were month long shows. Basically lived in london a month of year. Hate shows and london now lol

They aren't a sponsor.
A sponsor of an award event, not this forum.
[automerge]1569714367[/automerge]
Eg next year when there looking for people for booths etc they can say we had x amount of foot traffic last year

Not quite. To unpack it a bit, my point was that that sponsoring an award and ceremony is a relatively inexpensive way of getting publicity. Getting a decent sized audience to the ceremony is a necessary part of the plan. Hence it's quite likely that all five runners up were asked to bring four friends.

IMO, sponsorship of awards and skills compettions is a nice form of advertising.

Last edited:
Well we had a ball. :)

I'll post a new thread about it on it's own. Met with FixRadio CEO and right hand man. Saw Clive Holland he's one of their presenters.

1570654856053.png

He hosted the awards.

Was a good bash.

Had a tiler from our forum win the bathroom and kitchen category. And we had an entry from sparky forum who got in top 5 but never turned up.

Was nice to see some forum peeps there. :)

Reply to UK Construction Week NEC 8th - 10th October 2019 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock