Search the forum,

Discuss UFH works only in one circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

In my house I have UFH on the ground floor. It works in a very strange way. I am sure that it never heats up well because I have never had warm floor(I set 21 degree, that's low but I should feel it at least), but I also see some issues. All 6 circuits are for the same room and I do not have a plan of it.

The issue: when I enable all circuits, the thermometer does not go above 30, but when I enable one only(any) it does go above 40 - almost immediately. When I add any other, it goes down again to 30.

Already exchanged parts:
1. differential pressure valve
2. thermostat

Some facts:
  • every pipe gets hot if others are closed
  • I tried to remove air and there is no
  • motor is silent but vibrating
  • I feel like water running in the system
  • Honeywell thermostat can be moved away and it is still the same
  • the pipe back(small circuit) gets hot only when I close all UFH pipes
  • there is no air in motor
  • the temperature in the system is 60 degrees C
  • the heating is running by the gas boiler

Could you please help me to find out what can be an issue?

Thanks in advance, Pavlo
[automerge]1571767141[/automerge]
Update: drained the water from the system and unscruewed the bold in motor. Then trided to move motor with screwdriver - it goes well, so I assume that motor is not locked.
[automerge]1571771893[/automerge]
Fixed by waiting few hours. Now the floor is warm. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20191013_101424_HDR.jpg
    20191013_101424_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
UFH is not an instant heating system or even a quick heating system ...like radiators. It relies on a regular slow drip of heat to keep the thermal mass of the floor stable. It cannot get too hot anyway as you might get burnt feet ! Some home owners do not get this and have to adjust their lifestyle and heating control accordingly. The first part of an UFH system to warm up is certainly NOT the people in the building. centralheatking

UFH is not an instant heating system or even a quick heating system ...like radiators. It relies on a regular slow drip of heat to keep the thermal mass of the floor stable. It cannot get too hot anyway as you might get burnt feet ! Some home owners do not get this and have to adjust their lifestyle and heating control accordingly. The first part of an UFH system to warm up is certainly NOT the people in the building. centralheatking
Thank you, it is indeed the case and I was not ready for it. Thanks a lot for support!

Reply to UFH works only in one circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock