Search the forum,

Discuss Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Apologies if its already been covered. I've been asked to quote on a heat only with a solar compatible unvented, the existing system is 10mm microbore gravity fed to rads. I'm confident of the conversion and have my gas safe and G3, I've also been been asked to provide an outlet for, and install ufh. My concern is that the Ufh will act as a bypass. What preventative would I need. Excuse the ignorance but I don't usually work on Underfloor. Thank you.

Two port valve and cct (close coupled tees) after the zone valve

There the same just some separation

Ufh sometimes only need a few kw this is where cct help with cycling etc

@ShaunCorbs. Sorry for my ignorance this time. What is the close coupled tees actually doing? Installations is not my thing obviously lol.

In short it’s allowing the boiler circuit to flow independently of the ufh circuit

So when the ufh starts to get upto temp the mixing valve starts to close and pick up from the return so the flow is a trickle

With the cct before it still let’s the boiler circulate

Thanks Shaun. From what you said and what I've read I have a basic understanding of hydraulic separation but I'm not an installer and have not even seen this set up in person. All our work was just oil burners.

Reply to Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock