From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Apologies if its already been covered. I've been asked to quote on a heat only with a solar compatible unvented, the existing system is 10mm microbore gravity fed to rads. I'm confident of the conversion and have my gas safe and G3, I've also been been asked to provide an outlet for, and install ufh. My concern is that the Ufh will act as a bypass. What preventative would I need. Excuse the ignorance but I don't usually work on Underfloor. Thank you.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Two port valve and cct (close coupled tees) after the zone valve

OP
gingalig

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Two port valve and cct (close coupled tees) after the zone valve
Thankyou Shaun, as always a font of knowledge. I figured the valve, but do you think cct,s are preferable to a LLH.? This potentially shows my ignorance.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There the same just some separation

Ufh sometimes only need a few kw this is where cct help with cycling etc

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
@ShaunCorbs. Sorry for my ignorance this time. What is the close coupled tees actually doing? Installations is not my thing obviously lol.
In short it’s allowing the boiler circuit to flow independently of the ufh circuit

So when the ufh starts to get upto temp the mixing valve starts to close and pick up from the return so the flow is a trickle

With the cct before it still let’s the boiler circulate

Thanks Shaun. From what you said and what I've read I have a basic understanding of hydraulic separation but I'm not an installer and have not even seen this set up in person. All our work was just oil burners.

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor

Reply to Ufh, with microbore rads in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares