Search the forum,

Discuss UFH wiring in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys can someone explain to me how the wiring of UFH with the use of actuators is wired into an S plan please? its a 3 zone valve set up, Rads upstairs, HW, UFH downstairs. I'm okay with s plan wiring on a simple 2 channel etc but first time doing UFH with actuators and separate room stats. I cant find a simple explanation as to how it all ties together. I think we are going to run the UFH and Rads on the 2 channel and HW on a timer. We have a polypipe wiring centre for the UFH actuators and polypipe UFH manifold. i just want to understand what does the switching and so on. TIA

Wire the zone heads (ufh) to the ufh control also the pump and 2 port then you should have a feed out eg switch on

eg like below (as a rough guide)

Attachments

• S Plan Plus Wiring Ideal Logic WIth UFH.png
    S Plan Plus Wiring Ideal Logic WIth UFH.png
    145 KB · Views: 38
Wire the zone heads (ufh) to the ufh control also the pump and 2 port then you should have a feed out eg switch on

eg like below (as a rough guide)
cheers Shaun, so the micro switch of the 2 port for the UFH is used to start the manifold pump in this instance and also on the system I'm working on instead of just one zone like in your pic linking the actuators to the nest I'll have multiple room stats connecting to each individual actuator. damn confusing, next time I do this ill definitely be ordering the controls lol.

If you want send me a list of your kit and I will knock up a wiring diagram like the above

If you want send me a list of your kit and I will knock up a wiring diagram like the above
legend, yes please shaun, polypipe UFH87W centre with UFHPROGW x 4, honeywell 2 ports, worcester bosch greenstar heat only 24kw, grund pump for Rads, and grundfos on manifold for UFH, I'm not sure what programmer he's thinking but maybe just use a basic drayton 2 channel for scematic and a honeywell on off wall stat. oh and timer for HW, hasn't got it but basic one i assume.

legend, yes please shaun, polypipe UFH87W centre with UFHPROGW x 4, honeywell 2 ports, worcester bosch greenstar heat only 24kw, grund pump for Rads, and grundfos on manifold for UFH, I'm not sure what programmer he's thinking but maybe just use a basic drayton 2 channel for scematic and a honeywell on off wall stat. oh and timer for HW, hasn't got it but basic one i assume.

That’s fine will just wire it up for Drayton lifestyles a 2 channel and a single channel if you choose to go for another one the wiring will be the same

Give me a couple of days and will shoot something over to you 👍

That’s fine will just wire it up for Drayton lifestyles a 2 channel and a single channel if you choose to go for another one the wiring will be the same

Give me a couple of days and will shoot something over to you 👍
mate thats so nice of you, thanks, really.

here you go as the UFH stats are programmable room stats you dont need an extra single channel clock

Attachments

• S Plan Plus Wiring With UFH And RI.png
    S Plan Plus Wiring With UFH And RI.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 40
Hi Shaun, have you still got this wiring diagram i am having exactly the same issue.... i cannot see the attachments for some reason.. and the same kit is installed except there is a 3rd 2 port valve.. appreciate any help possible thanks very much

Hi Shaun, have you still got this wiring diagram i am having exactly the same issue.... i cannot see the attachments for some reason.. and the same kit is installed except there is a 3rd 2 port valve.. appreciate any help possible thanks very much

s-plan-plus-wiring-with-ufh-and-ri-png.63239

I’m guessing you have rads aswell ?

Reply to UFH wiring in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock