• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss UFH systems, red cap flow meters in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Kastro

Hello guys,

I have searched the google in my attempts to find out why the red cap flow meters of UFH systems are always fixed on top of the manifold, and the actuators are placed below. Could anyone explain, is there a specific reason why is it so? Is it allowed to fix them contrary??

Thank you for your answers.

B

Brambles

They can be either way round - it is determined by the configuration of the pump and the location of the mixing valve.

Normally flow on the lower bar with return above.

Why do you ask?

OP
K

Kastro

They can be either way round - it is determined by the configuration of the pump and the location of the mixing valve.

Why do you ask?

Why do you ask?
Thanks for your answer Bro. I am asking because this configuration was recently installed upstairs, in my case the flow meters are fixed in reverse order upstairs. Although I don't notice the heating to be affected so far and the weather is not so cold these days. I have no mixing valve and I don't know if it is a must in my case. I'm attaching one picture, manifold downstairs.

Attachments

B

Brambles

Depending on your floor covering type you may need to limit the temperature of your UFH.

Engineered wood and tile coverings in particular are prone to permanent damage if overheated.

OP
K

Kastro

Depending on your floor covering type you may need to limit the temperature of your UFH.

Engineered wood and tile coverings in particular are prone to permanent damage if overheated.
Thank you, I will be careful on the temperatures. I have laminate floors.
Greetings

Reply to UFH systems, red cap flow meters in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads