Search the forum,

Discuss UFH single zone and radiators with single thermostat and open Therm vs multi zone with in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm in the process of designing heating for a new property. Downstairs there will be a radiator in the lounge, utility room, toilet and the garage. Upstairs there will be radiators in 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms. Bathrooms upstairs will also have dry ufh and toilet and utility room downstairs will have wet ufh.

What's your opinion on using single nest thermostat controlling the whole system to take advantage of the open therm on viessmann vitodens 50w and control radiators with TRVs.

Versus

Using open Nest to control ufh downstairs and one nest controlling radiators upstairs and lose open Therm.

My concerns are:
Unevenly heated house with single zone unless it's possible to balance the temperature with TRV adjustment.
Higher running cost on multi zone as open Therm won't work with multi zone on nest thermostat

What are everyone's thoughts?

I have attached the floor plans.

Whats the loads on each UFH circuit and radiators?
Whats the boiler output?
When using modulating controls and UFH this more often than not requires separation.

Whats the loads on each UFH circuit and radiators?
Whats the boiler output?
When using modulating controls and UFH this more often than not requires separation.
Hi SJB,

Please see attached the design for the ufh. What do you mean by loads?

35kW output

I always have the thermostat in the bedroom so we can control the heat more precisely during the night and only one room is ever occupied. Each rooms heating requirements has been precisely calculated and radiator size installed accordingly to achelieve a balance in the heating, to avoid inequality of the temperatures.

By loads I mean the requirements/outputs for the various UFH and radiator circuits in KW.
In both your comments you say you attached drawings but they don't appear to have uploaded?
Try again and we can have a look further. I will take a look when I can but not today. Merry Christmas by the way.

By loads I mean the requirements/outputs for the various UFH and radiator circuits in KW.
In both your comments you say you attached drawings but they don't appear to have uploaded?
Try again and we can have a look further. I will take a look when I can but not today. Merry Christmas by the way.

Files don't seem to be uploading. I've attached a link to them.

I will send the output for each room later. Merry Christmas!

Reply to UFH single zone and radiators with single thermostat and open Therm vs multi zone with in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock