Search the forum,

Discuss UFH screed vs chipboard overlay performance comparison. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, as part of an extension/refurb project I will be fitting UFH over a new concrete floor as well as existing joisted timber floor. Both floors being within the same room.

My question is whether anyone has done this mix of subfloors before and noticed a performance/temperature difference between the two areas.

I would imagine that as the UFH on the joisted area sits underneath 22mm of chipboard this would have more heat resistance than the screed equivalent used on the concrete floor area but am interest to know if this is actually the case.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.24.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.24.47.png
    50 KB · Views: 9
The best way for you to go would be a screed infill between the joists as you can then run both systems off the same manifold. If you went for the spreader plates you'd need a seperate manifold as screed runs at a lower temperature then spreader plates.

Thanks Jake. Are there systems/trays to hold the screed or is it a case of using battens and flooring with a membrane?
It's usually using battens and then kingspan / celotex. You need to make sure your joists can hold the additional weight of the screed as well.

Reply to UFH screed vs chipboard overlay performance comparison. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock