Search the forum,

Discuss Ufh or rads upstairs? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, ufh is being installed on the ground floor of a new build highly insulated dormer house, 120m2 on ground floor plus 90m2 on first floor.
The design flow temp will be 40 deg C and I'm thinking of using radiators sized for 40C on the first floor,

Should I consider underfloor heating upstairs?
If so, how much insulation is needed underneath the uf heating pipes upstairs?
Thank you and regards,

Will you have enough wall space for rads sized for 40C?
They will be huge..

How do you intend to install the ufh upstairs - deflection plates or similar?

It may be easier to install rads at a flow temp of 70C- 75C for ease of installation.

Reply to Ufh or rads upstairs? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using mu UFH for the first time and it doesn’t seems to get the whole floor warm enough let alone the room. (Intalled May 2022). First use this week. It is installed as per manufacturer’s details but seems to have to much temperature drop across the loop approx 25degc. Flow rate...
Replies
Views
I am doing heavy house renovation and want to have ufh (multizone) at the ground floor and radiators on upper floors. I want to have consistent controls, with manifolds feeding both the ufh loops and radiators, and the same type thermostats controlling both (depending on the room, the...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question after having a good read. House is undergoing a complete renovation and new pipework needs to be installed for the heating system. The current boiler is a WB Greenstar 34CDI combi boiler and is not very old so I wanted to reuse this in a...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar 32CDi combi with an S plan, 3port for UFH downstairs (4 zones) via manifold & mixer valve, & upstairs 4 rad system, with towel radiator always open for a bypass. I have a full tado system that is basically set to relay on/off when any thermostat...
Replies
Views
StuckWithUFH
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock