Search the forum,

Discuss UFH and Rad Pipework Layout From Combi. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a question after having a good read. House is undergoing a complete renovation and new pipework needs to be installed for the heating system. The current boiler is a WB Greenstar 34CDI combi boiler and is not very old so I wanted to reuse this in a new location. The kitchen is upstairs and had UFH pipework installed when the joists and floor were replaced but there is no manifold fitted yet. The rest of the house will be heated by radiators (14) which have not been purchased yet. I was talked into the UFH when designing the kitchen but didn't fully understand it or how it would fit into the system and now after reading lots of threads have some concerns. Will I need to add any additional components to the system other than the 2x 2port valves to separate the UFH from the radiator system? (NRV, additional strainer) Can the return be common and if so where is the best place for the UFH return to join the system? (Last). The kitchen with the UFH pipework is 4.5x4m. I was also hoping to control using E-trvs such as the tado system, would this cause any further issues?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

You will need to get a flow and return from where the boiler is and install 2 x 2 ports

Adding UFH to a combi is just adding 2x 2 port valves a bypass and time/temp controller (programmable room stat) for the UFH. Definitely use a manifold rather than UFH TRV's

Its not a common one to do wiring wise and takes a bit of thought, a good electrician is well worth getting for this.

If you want it all linked I would possibly look into Honeywell evohome unless you already have a system in place.

The return for the UFH wants to be the last tee back to the boiler to prevent any reverse circulation

Have done a handful of these conversions and they work great.

Reply to UFH and Rad Pipework Layout From Combi. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock