Search the forum,

Discuss UFH - Advice sought please in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 120897

Greetings PF members,

Does ufh operate similar to normal central heating, as in demand, switched, satisfied etc? We’ve been having an issue recently, in one of our propertie, whereby the bedroom was staying hot even though all thermostats were off.

Boiler is a Combi, property is a well insulated bungalow, heating manifold, actuators, most room stats and control panel are Rehau.

I found some duff zinc batteries to the wireless stat in the bedroom, so I’m guessing this could have failed to close off the actuator? The corresponding wireless stat and number led on control panel was flashing, since I changed the batteries this stopped. I’m yet to find out if this has resolved the constantly on for the bedroom, as one of the carers seems to think the bedroom is heating up with the hall stat.

Also, there’s a programmable room sensor next to the control panel, any ideas what temperature this should be set to?

Finally, there’s 7 actuators, but can only account for 6, number 5 doesn’t seem to have a stat?

Thanks for reading.

Underfloor needs to be operated differently from radiator systems.
You will typically set a target temperature and a back set temperature that should be no more than 4c below higher temperature.
Re actuators larger rooms require more than 1 loop so you can have 1 room stat operating a number of actuators.
Picture of said room sensor be good.

Control wise same think of the actuators as port valves

Stat calls
Pump goes and boiler calls
Actuators open over 5 mins
Flow through

Might have it paired eg two actuators for one zone due to loop length

You will typically set a target temperature and a back set temperature that should be no more than 4c below higher temperature.

Picture of said room sensor be good.
Not sure what you mean by the temp thing? Do you mean if the room temp was 22 degrees, then the backset should be 18?

Photos:

The bathroom one, situated in the hallway is the OJ Microline, the rest (including the bedroom) are the Rehau. Actuators are Rehau, the other bits are this but wlm 2: https://manualzz.com/doc/1659732/rehau-ba-installation-manual

Attachments

• 387C935F-775F-45ED-9839-E1674EFD16F1.jpeg
    387C935F-775F-45ED-9839-E1674EFD16F1.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 07338E23-1EAF-4714-897D-AC0AA5CA012E.jpeg
    07338E23-1EAF-4714-897D-AC0AA5CA012E.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 9
Re temperature
Yes that's it exactly I run my own at 21c backset is 18c ,
Because underfloor is generally installed in well insulated properties its very rare heating runs on backset temperature.
Wonder if that stat is a replacement? All stats on underfloor need to be capable of been backset.

Reply to UFH - Advice sought please in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. This UFH system is in my mil's bungalow purchased earlier this year. It has 9 zones, is run from a WB 37CDi combi, and uses Wavin actuators with a wall stat in each zoned room. It all appears to work just as it should. A few weeks back, tho', one of the two bedrooms warmed up excessively...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Hello all. First time posting so apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I am close to completing a purchase of my first flat, an ex-council place from the 1960s built in the usual concrete slab and brick. At present there is some ghastly pipe work for the radiators sprawling round every...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1 for rads via a Honeywell wireless stat, and x1 for UFH circuits via Heatmiser stats - both wired to a Heatmiser wiring centre) I'm interested in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am appealing for some advice and direction on replacing the heating control system in my house. Ill try to describe as best I can. Looking for a bit of info as not having much luck with trades. Oil Boiler operated by a Honeywell Smartfit Programmer. Not sure if its Y or S but controls...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock