Search the forum,

Discuss ufh actuator advice!! in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Need some advice and help! (I am not a plumber so will try and give as much info as i can)
I have a room in my house with 2 loops of ufh in it. They are controlled by the same thermostat.
They have separate actuators at the manifold as well.

When the heating comes on one actuator opens fully and warms its half of the floor, while the other only seems to open half way (looking at the gauge level on the actuator) and only half warms the floor?

The pins are not sticking as i can take actuator off and the pin moves freely up and down fully.

Is this a problem with the actuator, or do I need to adjust the flow of that zone?

Thanks for any help in advance

Is this a new problem or one you've adopted with a house purchase? Are both actuator pins moving the same distance and freely?
What setting is the pump on?
It could be a case of balancing the loops or air locks providing the above is correct.
Are both loops covered by the same flooring?

With the actuator head off and the system running for a while does the underperforming side heat up properly?

Is this a new problem or one you've adopted with a house purchase? Are both actuator pins moving the same distance and freely?
What setting is the pump on?
It could be a case of balancing the loops or air locks providing the above is correct.
Are both loops covered by the same flooring?

Hi, thanks for your response.
Its a house i built - never really paid attention before - only come up as I have had to change other room thermostats so could have been like this from the start?
Pins are all moving the same distance.
Dont know the setting on the pump.
Both loops are in the same room with the same floor.

Is there a way i can test the actuator is opening ok? ie swapping it to another circuit on the manifold?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your response.
Its a house i built - never really paid attention before - only come up as I have had to change other room thermostats so could have been like this from the start?
Pins are all moving the same distance.
Dont know the setting on the pump.
Both loops are in the same room with the same floor.

Is there a way i can test the actuator is opening ok? ie swapping it to another circuit on the manifold?

Thanks

Hi. As you're a new member your posts have to be verified, hence why I'm only just seeing it.
You could isolate the electrical supply to the system and swap the actuator heads then resupply power to prove function, if you're competent with a multimeter you could check signal as well.
I suspect this is a balancing issue and fine tuning the flow rates is required.
If you can see the UFH pump which should be on or near the manifold then check to see what setting it's on.

Is it just a 2 port manifold with this one room on? If so you can just remove the actuators and leave the pin valves open constantly. The system will then go on and off when the pump stops spinning.

If you have more then 2 port you'll most likely need to purchase a new actuator. We supply these for £19.20 IncVAT.

Reply to ufh actuator advice!! in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock