Search the forum,

Discuss U6 Gas meter usage to combi bolier in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

G

Gaz9744

Good morning,

I have a U6 gas meter (ft3) supplying a worcester greenstar combi boiler. It is currently using about 1.2 ft3 of gas per hour with the central heating on. Is this a normal amount. The reason I ask if I have just had a 41 day bill of £400. The home is in Scotland and we have only had the heating on for about 5 hours in the day, but have on average used 7.5 units per day.

Could there be a fault with the meter or the combi boiler?

Many thanks in advance

Gaz

Unfortunately no gas prices have doubled lately gone from £5 per day to £10

1.2 Ft3 gas per hour is extremely low. Are you sure you have given the right information or could you have misread the meter? It could be using 1.2 M3 per hour? That would sound more like it when things are up to temperature.

If it is reading that, you have had it serviced, house insulation is good and you have all the right energy saving features on the system, then there isn't much else you can do unfortunately.

The one thing you can do is wear a jumper, turn the stat down a bit. We are all in the same boat. It is only going to get worse over the next 6 month so best to do all you can now.

Reply to U6 Gas meter usage to combi bolier in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock