Search the forum,

Discuss Tyneside flat- bathroom drainage issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bit of wierd one but here goes.

Live in a Tyneside flat (Think Terraced house split in two). With a modernish kitchen and bathroom extension into the front yard for both houses and this is mirrored for the neighbours.

The bath and sink last Sunday in my place were blocked and didn't drain away. I used commercial drain cleaner but didn't budge it neither did plunging it.

My dad and I looked at the 40mm waste pipes and it went through the wall (as far as we could see) into next doors.

We used drain rods from the bath waste and could get 3 drain rods down it before it hit something solid (not sure what). It was a straight run through and there was only one joint. When we laid this outside it was well into next door. A drain company was called and they couldn't identify any issue with the drains either we only looked at the outside drains nothing internal.

We couldn't contact next door as it turns out they were on holiday. So we took the decision to remove the pipework and place compression caps on the pipe and re route the sink and bath waste into the drain outside my flat which is also the down gutter for my side of the flat.

I have since spoken to the neighbours who confirmed their bath blocked the same day they went on holiday. They have had a plumber out and he is confused. He states there are no pipes going from her house to the drain outside.

My thoughts are that my toilet flushes into their manhole drain that is on their yard and therefore the bath/ sink water might be connected somehow.

Anyone got any thoughts? Could it go down to the drain in between the walls?

Reply to Tyneside flat- bathroom drainage issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock