Search the forum,

Discuss Two lukewarm Radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mr C Robinson

Hello!

Overview: typical 3 bedroom 1930's semi-detached property. Had a single storey ground floor extension circa two years ago, during which time the boiler was replaced with an Ideal Independent and moved from back bedroom into the loft above.

Problem: since the boiler was replaced and relocated, the two radiators in the front two bedroom have either been cold or lukewarm. Every other radiator in the house including back bedroom and bathroom are hot. I think the affected radiators are the last two on the circuit.

As you can imagine, I have googled and read up on all sorts of cold radiator issues. To date I have; bled all radiators, taken problem radiators off the wall, flushed via hose, opened valves to check water flow/pressure and all seems OK. I have also tried balancing the system but still not hot, albeit slightly warmer.

Next step I think I will do is add some x400 into the system to see if that can help.

Does anyone else have any thoughts? My concerns are it is possibly a pump issue due to head pressure with moving boiler into loft or worse a potential pipework issue.

Any other advice much appreciated!

Reply to Two lukewarm Radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock