Search the forum,

Discuss Two isolation valve on the same water pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everybody! I just need professional advice from you guys as i have never seen something like that before. In bathroom under the sink there is two isolation valves, they are about 400 mm above the floor level.Client wants to install vanity unit with basin which will make isolation valves inaccessible.
My question: Is it good practice(allowed) to install isolation valves inside vanity cabinets for easy access, and leave those two that will be inaccessible on the same supply? or its have to be only 1 isolator on the same supply?

Thank you for your advices.

A photo would have been helpful. Good practice and being allowed are 2 different things. Isolation valves are good practice, but not required. Any isolation valve that is required, must be accessible, such as a stopcock, an isolation valve for a cold water storage cistern.

A photo would have been helpful. Good practice and being allowed are 2 different things. Isolation valves are good practice, but not required. Any isolation valve that is required, must be accessible, such as a stopcock, an isolation valve for a cold water storage cistern.

Attachments

• 7B32DCDB-DC3E-4E99-9400-EA470D8A777B.jpeg
    7B32DCDB-DC3E-4E99-9400-EA470D8A777B.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 28
  • A5948C99-3662-4FBF-8A17-C80E975F60DF.jpeg
    A5948C99-3662-4FBF-8A17-C80E975F60DF.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 27
A bit on the low side, but small bore isolation valves, so any additional ones could reduce performance of the taps. Is it not possible to remove them, extend the pipework and then refit them?

Best to remove and extend with soldered couplings and depending on the vanit unit yes install new iso valves don’t reinstall the old ones

Is it not possible to remove them, extend the pipework and then refit them?
Its a bit low to solder them, specially the valve on the left,at least i can use compression coupler to extend the pipes. thats why i am asking if i add another two isolation valves inside vanity.

Its a bit low to solder them, specially the valve on the left,at least i can use compression coupler to extend the pipes. thats why i am asking if i add another two isolation valves inside vanity.
That’s fine to solder. I wouldn’t be putting compression joints in a place you can’t access.

What happens in 6 months when one of the joints has a leak. Gonna tip out the new unit to get to it?

Remove existing valves, pull olives/nuts, solder coupling and new pipe. For ease, can even use a solder ring coupling.

Edit: For peace of mind, wet the floor/area before soldering.

Thank you very much for your help guys.
I've found this sort of thing useful in that situation (if there's room to get it in!)

Well done chap, a permanent solution - bit more effort but now you can walk away and not worry about it.

Reply to Two isolation valve on the same water pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock