Search the forum,

Discuss Twist pop up bath waste removal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, apologies if wrong forum section.

we’re trying to refurb the bath drain as the chrome plating has come off. However, there appears to be a ring with 2 slots either side locking it in place. Is there a name for this part and a tool that can remove it? Or, is there another way to change this drain?
It is attached to a twist pop up mechanism if that helps. I’ve attached an image, hope that’s allowed and apologies for the grime.
Thanks

wide chisel normally works for me be careful the waste doesnt drop too far

I always used the hook end of an aluminium radiator bracket to work on these. As the other guys are saying, you just improvise a tool to undo the center screw and the waste will drop away from underneath the bath.

Reply to Twist pop up bath waste removal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins. However it has no slotted waste opening. How could this be used with sinks with an overflow hole & still prevent sink overflow? Thanks Natalie Argent...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with the waste closed but when I pop it up to release the water down the drain it leaks out from the underside of the sink where the backnut nut washer are...
Replies
Views
I’ve removed a shower tray & have installed a bath. I’ve got the trap ready to go on but how do I go about connecting pipework up to this? Obviously I will unscrew that old shower waste off.
Replies
Views
Evening all. Need to fix a twist pop up waste which is leaking where the cable from the twist overflow which operates the pop up waste connects into a square box on the side of the waste. Is this just an o'ring or something? To change the overflow (whole waste contraption) I would need to have...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock