Search the forum,

Discuss Twin valve microbore on new pressure boiler in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Last year we had a new pressurised system put in and left our existing rads in place.
Downstairs are all fairly modern rads with TRVs etc however upstairs are still the original rads from 1980 with 8mm microbore and twin valves, no TRVs.

I'm looking for some advice really on where or not we should prioritise the replacement of these, I've read somewhere that the twin valves should be replaced when you move to a pressurised system and I'm also curious about how much of an improvement new rads will be compared to the older thicker steel ones.

We do need to replace one of the old ones that doesn't heat up as much anymore and I can contemplating getting them all done at the same time but it's difficult to judge if it's worth the cost.

Reply to Twin valve microbore on new pressure boiler in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
I'm in Canada, where the standard is NPT. I just put in a heat pump and shut off the hand valves but I want the rads in the room to warm up if the heat pump can't keep up. NPT thermostatic rad valves are available but are hellish expensive. The sizes I have are 3/4" and 1". The system used to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock