Search the forum,

Discuss Turning off the boiler - anything I should keep in mind? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Having all the radiators removed for a full house replaster. House is unoccupied at the moment.

There is a Vaillant eco tec 28 boiler with a Boss RF Thermostat.

1) The Thermostat is just stuck to the wall - so can I just remove it - or do I need to deactivate it first?

2) Once I switch off the boiler - will it be better to remove all the radiators and drain the system? Or keep the boiler on and then drain the system?

What would procedure be for refilling the system?

Turn it off at the fused spur and remove the fuse then drain down

Reply to Turning off the boiler - anything I should keep in mind? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi wonder if anyone can help. Had no issues last year. Have Valiant ecoTEC plus and Drayton thermostat. I have tended to leave thernostat and just turn boiler on when needed. Its showing 14 and when i set it higher sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it starts and then...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
The system is open vented with a Glowworm boiler. It has an LCD controller on the wall - see pic. I just want to remove one radiator for cleaning and decorating the room. I will put it back the same day. If I switch the hot water and central heating off on the LCD controller several hours...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I could do with some help here. I have tried search but no found an answer. We have just had a new boiler fitted which is a Vailliant Eco TEC Sustain, along with a Neomitis Thermostat. The tempreture on the theremostate is set to 20C the thermostat is dsiplaying the room tempreture as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock