Search the forum,

Discuss Turned off Recirculation Pump - Advice Needed Please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit advice please, I hope that's ok.

I rent a flat in a large converted house, due to the size it has a continuously recirculating heating system. Due to some issues with the system, the recirculation pump/valves to the pump have had to be temporarily shut off pending repairs. The area I am in is a good 20m + away from the boiler. Its taking 1 minute or so to get hot water from the tap, which I expected. However the temperature is very variable. Varying from barely lukewarm to normal hot water. It is on a timed programme and is shut off for around 10 hours a day.

Hopefully this will be temporary, but I have some concerns as to whether this increases the risk of Legionella? Could anyone offer any advice please?

Assuming all the flats in your building are served by the one large hot water (HW) storage vessel, the HW recirculation system doesn't have much to do with the actual amount of hot water available other than make it available more readily. At some point the HW is getting up to the required temp but getting used up, report that fact as it is a legal requirement to provide heating and hot water at all times not just for a few specified hours a day.

Reply to Turned off Recirculation Pump - Advice Needed Please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock