From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Turned off Recirculation Pump - Advice Needed Please! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit advice please, I hope that's ok.

I rent a flat in a large converted house, due to the size it has a continuously recirculating heating system. Due to some issues with the system, the recirculation pump/valves to the pump have had to be temporarily shut off pending repairs. The area I am in is a good 20m + away from the boiler. Its taking 1 minute or so to get hot water from the tap, which I expected. However the temperature is very variable. Varying from barely lukewarm to normal hot water. It is on a timed programme and is shut off for around 10 hours a day.

Hopefully this will be temporary, but I have some concerns as to whether this increases the risk of Legionella? Could anyone offer any advice please?

gmartine

Gas Engineer
Assuming all the flats in your building are served by the one large hot water (HW) storage vessel, the HW recirculation system doesn't have much to do with the actual amount of hot water available other than make it available more readily. At some point the HW is getting up to the required temp but getting used up, report that fact as it is a legal requirement to provide heating and hot water at all times not just for a few specified hours a day.

Reply to Turned off Recirculation Pump - Advice Needed Please! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares