Search the forum,

Discuss Turn on CH System on all time - S Plan - live to NO? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have just installed a Tado system with the Wireless Reciever and Two Smart Thermostats. Without getting into the weeds of Tado, I want to energize the CH system all the time. But Why?

I have two thermostats which control a demand valve each which when opened kick the boiler and the pump in. The challenge is that the wireless reciever and the Tado system isn't as clever as I'd hoped but the guy I'm working with at Tado has explained how it works. One work around is that I re-install my old programmer that handled hot water and turned the CH on and set the CH on "ON" all the time. This won't call for heat because that's the job of the thermostat but at least the thermostats are always "on" and so they can call for heat.

My proposed hack is that inside the Tado panel I bridge the single CH NO to CH COM/Live I'll have the CH system energized all the time and then my thermostats will be able to call for heat whenever they like.

A bit more config on the back end at the Tado infra layer and I should be good to go.

I've read various Y-Plan wiring guides and this seems like it might work but I'm not totally sure. Alternatively I wonder if I can wire CH NO to CH NC and then forget about the switching as it's default will be switched.

Any take on this?

Cheers,
CC

Attachments

• 20221113_195606.jpg
    20221113_195606.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 5
What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you have an S plan you can’t wire it for a Y plan.

I would have thought the Tado would have a permanent on setting, but I guess not. I’m not sure why you want it always on though? A cheaper alternative might be to link the orange and grey at the 2 port?

My bad, typo, I have an s plan.

I want the CH system to be always on so the thermastats can always call for heat

The stats can always call for heat, depends at what level you've set the set back temp. IF you want further or more accurate temperature control use the stats in conjuction with the smart TRV's.

Reply to Turn on CH System on all time - S Plan - live to NO? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock