Search the forum,

Discuss Turn combi boiler off each time you depressurise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I don't do boilers but for years I've just turned them off and dropped system pressure, done my work, repressurised and turned them back on.
I heard that tuning some boilers off can blow the PCB if you are unlucky, am I best to just let the pressure drop and reset them if needed like those procombi boilers?

It can happen mate yes. Some older glowworms definitely can blow if turned off

If it's gas I won't touch the fused spur. Off at the clock and off on the boiler.

If it blows by turning it off there's something wrong that needs repairing. It wouldn't be your fault.
I would turn it off. If you drain a system and leave it on and something goes wrong, then you will get the blame.

If it blows by turning it off there's something wrong that needs repairing. It wouldn't be your fault.
I would turn it off. If you drain a system and leave it on and something goes wrong, then you will get the blame.
Glowworn acknowledge this issue but they won’t pay for it and you know the Cust will blame you hence I always warn customer

Last edited:
There may be more but they’re a known quantity

Woooosters do it, fan board .
Yes you should turn them off , personally never when they are actually running and off at the boiler not the spur .
ALWAYS warn the customer , infact I get them to watch if they are in .

What is the risk to them if i don't turn them off? They would just depressurise as if there was a leak?

Well yes. Unless I’m working internally or on the board I leave them on now

I've been lucky for around 10 years, every one and turn back on now my hand is grasped firmly around the flow waiting for the warmth that gets me home early for 7:00pm without a £300 bill or however much a board costs.

Reply to Turn combi boiler off each time you depressurise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock