Search the forum,

Discuss Turbomax VUW 242 boiler problem with hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
So we still have this very old boiler but we have still having problems with the hot water, we have called out 3 repair engineer's, but as it's a old boiler everyone seems to guessing, so far they have changed the thermistor, secondary heat exchanger, primary heat exchanger, diverter valve also done a power flush, new radiators as well but for some reason the boiler seems to be turning off and on every few mins, and the hot water is from burning hot to warm.
Can someone guide us to what the issue could be so I can tell the repair engineer's exactly what to look at. I don't mind any experienced engineer on here who is local (west london) to me to come take a look, we have spent so much on this boiler we can't afford to get a new one at the moment. Thanks in advance

Have they cleaned the internal filter ?

No there’s a filter inside the boiler

Could the modulating value need replacing ? It's so hard to understand, the engineers have replaced all the usual culprits but it still seems to be the same

No there’s one on the heating side

Correct

I'm assuming problem on DHW side only?, can you open a (one) HW tap and measure the flowrate.
If you open all HW users does the boiler continue to fire?.
Do you have DHW temperature control as well as CH water temperature control?.

Your boiler has a max output of 24kw so if you can ensure a total flowrate of just > 6.5/7LPM then even if the boiler is not modulating the DHW temp should remain < 65C and not cause a boiler trip. If it is modulating to its minimum output of 9.6kW then a flowrate of only 2.7LPM will achieve the above.

Last edited:
I'm assuming problem on DHW side only?, can you open a (one) HW tap and measure the flowrate.
If you open all HW users does the boiler continue to fire?.
Do you have DHW temperature control as well as CH water temperature control?.

Your boiler has a max output of 24kw so if you can ensure a total flowrate of just > 6.5/7LPM then even if the boiler is not modulating the DHW temp should remain < 65C and not cause a boiler trip. If it is modulating to its minimum output of 9.6kW then a flowrate of only 2.7LPM will achieve the above.
Hi the problem is the DHW side only but I've noticed it modulates when the CH is on as well, the temp hits 65c and goes off, can't understand much

Reply to Turbomax VUW 242 boiler problem with hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock