Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to source a smaller bath waste for an old cast iron bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, can anyone advise on where to get a replacement smaller unslotted waste for an old cast iron bath please? The existing waste appears to be 1 1/4 BSP, not 1 1/2 as you'd expect. I'm including some photos of the existing installed bath waste next to a new 1 1/2 BSP waste to show the difference.

The current waste flange is 73mm so i'm tempted to dismantle the waste and trap to see if its hiding a bigger hole that would fit a 1 1/2 waste but looking at the bottom of the tub the very old trap was left in place when the piping was last changed some time in the 90's / 00's by the previous owner; presumably it was left like this as a newer 1 1/2 BSP waste wouldn't go through the hole in the bathtub.

If anyone could shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated.

IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg
IMG_1820.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg

They are about, use 1 1/4 chrome waste unslotted as the search term, don't put bath in the term

You may have to cut the threaded part down and file the end flat if you want to match to the existing trap or trap height.
And use a longer chain.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the replies, thats really really helpful.

Looking around it seems the part with the biggest flange I can find is 61 mm, can anyone tell me please if it'll cause problems swapping out the 73mm one for a 61? I'm guessing it'll be OK, it'll just show a bit more of the recess.

And yes got to love the old pipe work thats been left in place! Whoever fitted the 1 1/2 plastic waste pipe that goes through the exterior wall to the 1 1/4 trap seems to have bonded it together, i've no idea how but that'll be getting replaced too at the same time.

Reply to Trying to source a smaller bath waste for an old cast iron bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock