Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to pinpoint problem with boiler condensate pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,
I am not a plumber, but wondered if any plumbers out there could help? My dad is also not a plumber by trade (although has plumbed plenty) and is a bit stuck with this one. Basically, there was a leak coming from underneath our floor-standing Worcester Greenstar CDi boiler, which turned out to be coming from the pump unit, which was overflowing. At this point the boiler was working fine.
So we took the pump unit apart to check that the float was functioning, which it was, put the pump unit back together again and then the boiler started showing error code D5 and not firing.
Do we simply need a new pump unit, or is there anything else we can try? Where can we source just a pump unit without breaking the bank?
Many thanks for any help!
Andrea

Pump units aren't expensive, about £60 and are easily available from screwfix.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/grundfos-conlift-1-ls-condensate-pump/4895f

Reply to Trying to pinpoint problem with boiler condensate pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi there As you can see from the video below, our pump exploded. The question I have is, this pump is added to a firebird condensing boiler and when we found this mess the boiler and pump were stil operating but the pressure in the boiler was reading 0. Should the pressure switch have kicked in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is holding water pressure fine, the pump runs and seems to have a bit of force behind it and I have replaced the pressure sensor but the problem persists...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock