Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to fix leaky tap. Screws absent, so confused!?!? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m trying to fix a leaking tap in my kitchen. I’ve located where the grub screw should be but it’s just an empty hole. I’m looking at it with a mirror and I can see the screw rails on the inside of the hole and at the bottom of the hole a little copper dot. I’m in a new build and this is the first time I’ve touched the tap to work on it.

I’m now assuming the tap hasn’t been installed properly as the grub screws are missing. But I’ve tried pulling the tap heads off and they won’t budge.

What am I missing? Are there screws or aren’t there? How do I get the heads off?

Please help!

30910F71-B990-4F17-A67D-5CAB1D1B682E.jpeg

As above or perhaps a box spanner set. Unusual not to have a retaining screw though.

Reply to Trying to fix leaky tap. Screws absent, so confused!?!? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock