Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to fix leaky tap. Screws absent, so confused!?!? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m trying to fix a leaking tap in my kitchen. I’ve located where the grub screw should be but it’s just an empty hole. I’m looking at it with a mirror and I can see the screw rails on the inside of the hole and at the bottom of the hole a little copper dot. I’m in a new build and this is the first time I’ve touched the tap to work on it.

I’m now assuming the tap hasn’t been installed properly as the grub screws are missing. But I’ve tried pulling the tap heads off and they won’t budge.

What am I missing? Are there screws or aren’t there? How do I get the heads off?

Please help!

30910F71-B990-4F17-A67D-5CAB1D1B682E.jpeg

Reply to Trying to fix leaky tap. Screws absent, so confused!?!? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the lever.I have applied some wd40 into the grub screw hole,..but the lever won’t budge. is there any other method for removing the tap lever?…help...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just joined the forum in the hope of some help removing a shower knob. I have an Axor Starck concealed shower (picture attached) and have been trying remove the shut-off knob for some days now. The thermostat knob below it came off quite easily. I need access the cartridge to fix a...
Replies
Views
Please can you help. I’m trying to replace the cartridge on our monobloc kitchen mixer tap. I’ve found the secret hexnut and removed the handle cover, but can’t get the shroud ring to budge. So far I’ve tried lots of WD40, descaler (vinegar, lemon juice, oust) & boiling water. Unfortunately it’s...
Replies
Views
Morning, We’re having our en suite done and since the work started I’ve noticed a loud clunk after we turn the hot tap off in the kitchen. Obviously, the water was turned off and the central heating drained. Could it be something to do with that? I asked the plumber and he said it won’t be the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a kitchen tap with a leak, I would like to undo the top and replace the valve but I cannot see how to do it. I have tried. 1. Sticking a screwdriver down the hole in the top, both Phillips and flat blade but that couldn't find any traction. 2. looking for a screw just under the tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock