Search the forum,

Discuss TRVs on rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, new here with just a little query.
I have old TRVs on my rads which im 99% sure are pre-jarrassic... Almost...
Either way they are not working as they should as most will not come on unless fully turned up in winter, which hasnt been a prob till now when ive decided im tightening up the purse strings.
Before winter kicks in i would like to replace them all.
Can i get away with just replacing the top plastic thermostat bit, or wil i need to replace the whole valve?
Will it fit? Standard thread? If it fits, will it work?

Thanks alot, Dean
Screenshot_20190930_193411_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Screenshot_20190930_193418_com.facebook.katana.jpg

whole valve recommened as the pins get warn / stick look like honeywell trv valves

As Shaun says , defo Honeywell. If the pins move up and down with a push with a hammer shaft , I would be tempted to change the trv only , I think they are Valencia or something like that , just buy one first and see if it fits , I am pretty sure it will .

They all look good, but im happy to change them if needed, it just means probably geting a plumber in, whereas i coukd swap the tops in seconds.
So wil any brand fit, or does it need to be honeywell?

If you are happy to get a plumber in it will be a good idea , any trv will fit.
Personally I fit honeywell , but you could go for what you fancy , change the Lockshield valve ( other end ) at the same time

If you are just swapping the heads. It needs to be Honeywell. But if you are changing the whole lot any will work as long as you buy the correct size for your pipework. But a reliable trv in my eyes is Honeywell.

Please like this post if you found it helpful

Reply to TRVs on rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock