Search the forum,

Discuss TRV's Knocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fordinio

I have just had a new condensing combi boiler fitted, retaining the existing radiators and most of the pipework. When the TRV's are in the approx mid point setting the upstairs ones just randomly start knocking, presumably as they are about to shut off. The knocking is easily stopped by just turning the valve slightly one way or the other. There was never any problem with my previous 20+ year old boiler. Can anybody help please. It's driving me mad.:mad:

at a guess you have old trvs that only work with flow one way and the circulation in your system has been reversed

at a guess you have old trvs that only work with flow one way and the circulation in your system has been reversed
yep or they are faulty due to age better to replace anyway old trvs can stick get new reversable flow type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV's Knocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock