Search the forum,

TRV

Discuss TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a couple of anthracite coloured trvs. Reading reviews of them seems people do not like some, namely those with a spring in the lockshield end. Now in my place have fitted quite a few Pegler Mistrals which have this spring arrangement and seem fine. Is there any real difference in operation with these as opposed to the just screw it down type?

Reply to TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi There, I want to swap out my old valves for TRVs but the threads are different sizes, and I'm unsure how to resolve it. My current existing radiator valve setup is: The current valve has a 3/4" thread going to the radiator. I can't quite work out what's on the radiator side, but the...
Replies
Views
Daley power
D
Need a few trvs any suggestions as to decent ones at a fair price. I can get Pegler Terriers for £9 which seems okay or the Pegler Mistral for £10 If I got something like a Drayton TRV4 we are talking around £21 though that includes lockshield. A lot of lockshield valves look crap to me. I have...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock