Search the forum,

Discuss TRV valve always on full. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TRV valve on one of my radiators, approx 5 years old, is always on, even when it is turned to 0. I have swapped the top part with one from another radiator, and it didn’t make any difference. Can anyone suggest anything to fix it please ?

Replace the whole valve

Although the best option is as above, I have had some success with removing the top and pressing down the centre pin in the top of the main body. This gets jammed with the crud in the pipes. Sometimes you can free it up. It works as a temporary repair, but once it has started to jam, its only a matter of time till it does it again.

Usually the top pin gets jammed because on old TRVs the gland does not fully seal and water constantly escapes and causes corrosion.

If you get a plumber in, he or she may be able to freeze the pipework instead of draining down, but it won't be any cheaper. Possibly quicker and less hassle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV valve always on full. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock