Search the forum,

Discuss TRV problems high pitch squealing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening - I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this.
Squealing high pitch TRV's when reaching the required shut-off temp.
I understand its probably the pressure in the system making the pin in the TRV vibrate. Or pump turned up too high - which I guess would cause the same effect of raising the pressure.

Firstly I'm in France and have a new french (Frisquet) sealed system running at 1.3-1.4 bar.

The house was plumbed before we bought it by Spanish plumbers. French / Spanish - recipe for disaster. They cant even agree on the size of pipe they use!
So we're in copper 15mm.
The TRV valves are cheap Spanish ones. I would fit Drayton (and have fitted many of them in England with never a sound out of one) if I could find 15mm into half inch rad connectors (the spanish ones of course!)

So should I drain down again and get some more upmarket spanish valves - or get a degree in nuclear physics and turn the pump down a notch - except its a French pump buried within the boiler and seems to have no adjustment via the electrical input panel.

Things were easy in England - vented or pressurised, 15mm with olives. Easy. Here its 15mm 16mm 18mm and multi layer all in the same house - and a variety of different seals, rubber, plastic, long olives and string!

Has anyone had this amount of noise out of a TRV?

Any help much appreciated.

Are they on the flow eg the hottest pipe ?

Hello and yes they are. TRV's on the flow side.
The balancing valves are at the bottom ( which are all 8mm allen key type and leaking coz they're the cheap spanish ones.) I need to upgrade those too - but I cant find the plastic olive fittings apart from on the cheap ones and the metal spanish long olives leak too.
I've never had so many drips out of a heating system in 40 years and I've fitted full systems in my first flats in London with not one drip.

As a temporary measure suggest reducing boiler flow temperature to say 50C which means TRVs opened more for same mean rad temperature, less squealing?. If not a combi you will then have to reduce the cylinder stat to 45C and boost the temperature to 60C once per week for legionella protection.

Reply to TRV problems high pitch squealing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock