Search the forum,

Discuss Triton Mersey bar mizer shower issue - its too cold...! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

theanalyst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
OK guys. This one is really bugging me, luckily its my own house and Ive just redone the bathroom, if it was a customers I would be pulling my hair out even more!

Fitted a Triton mersey bar mixer as although I prefer Mira, they didnt have one that looked how I wanted. Grohe were a strong contender but I dont like the fiddliness of getting the water valve to 'click' off on some of their mixers...

so I bought the above.
Looks great, and thats about it.

Basically, the flow side of the mixer leaked on install, I had to get triton out and they replaced the cartridge. All seemed ok.

Till I tried having a shower and it only gets luke warm. Water pressure is within limits (standing @ 7 bar and working @ 1 bar).
Greenstar 28i boiler fires hot water out of the bath hot tap all day (and the shower feed is teed off this). But I checked DHW HE and cleaned it just in case, diverter paddle is also fine.

I have adjusted the temp up to max as per tritons wonderful instructions, and still it doesnt get anything like as hot as my last cheapo £80 ebay mixer shower that used to take the skin off your back and give great flow through a big shower head..!!

Im a bit lost as to what it could be? Ive tried restrictors and they make naff all difference? I'm thinking of getting triton back but dont know what they will be able to do....

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.... pipes are concealed in stud wall, now tiled. No leaks. Both in 15mm copper. Flushed out post install, and shower pipe inlet filters checked and they are clean.

I am at a loss. My only thought is that the 'mixer' is not mixing the hot and cold properly and is allowing too much cold through?> pressure at shower head is excellent, the water is just blimming luke warm.
Same result through hand held shower head..

For the first few seconds it gets really hot, then goes luke warm. Bath tap will stay boiling all day...

aaagh!!!

Last edited:
What is your hw flow like?

perhaps the valve wasn't set correctly. do you have the instructions? it should say in them how to adjust the temperature.

What is your hw flow like?

I haven't measured it mate, but its something I will do, but the boiler is in tip top condition and DHW is at a good rate from all taps and the bath, with experience telling me its not the problem.
Although I have refurbed the house the DHW takes an almost identical route to the taps, the only difference being it is in poly. Its probably less than a 15 metre run from boiler to bathroom, and bath hot tap is good rate and very hot (Ive got DHW max heat on the boiler to see if it helped)!

Steveb - thanks. Ive done this mate, the first thing I tried pretty much :(
I've adjusted the temp adjustment up to MAX and even now its lukewarm!!! I removed the circlip of the temp spindle and was tempted to try and get it out of the mixer but it didnt want to come and may invalidate my warranty. Apart from that, its Triton set from factory allegedly!

It is fully maxed out (open) and still a blimmin luke warm affair. It barely seemed to make any difference TBO even dialling it right up. Whereas on say a MIRA the temp change is very noticeable..

perhaps the "new" valve triton fitted is faulty

The mixer side of the valve is the only one they haven't replaced mate!!
It was the LHS tap of the unit (the main shower rose of spray head selector) that had a drip,....drip..... coming past the seal :/

Im going to have to get triton out again by the looks of it... What a bag of utter sh8te this shower is!!!

Can you isolate your cold water flow do you have just hot and try the shower to see if it's letting hot through the mixer properly? Something may be off kilter and restricting the hw flow.

Cheers guys
Well, I fitted full bore Iso's just outside the bathroom to hot and cold as I had a bad feeling with this shower when it first leaked. (the bathroom is now fully tiled so Im glad..!)

I removed the shower entirely and used the iso 's to turn on and then max out hot and cold water flow to the shower pipes. It ran steaming hot to the hot side once warmed up and the cold side powered out as expected. the cold pressure was a bit stronger than the hot, but thats to be expected.

I then refitted the mixer, it ran luke warm...

So I all but closed the cold iso valve into the bathroom, the temp did rise to the shower, but the bath cold tap was a trickle when I tested it, meaning that its not a workable solution.
Also, the shower clearly doesnt work properly..!!

Im going to get '****on' out asap and see what they have to say. WIll update this thread...

ps/ its not safety cutout, if I wind down the adjustor spindle it gets even colder..!!

I was thinking maybe the mixer cartridge was misaligned or even blocked/jamming.

I was thinking maybe the mixer cartridge was misaligned or even blocked/jamming.

Thats a good option mate. Im loath to strip the thing down but seeing as Tri**n's service phone lines seem to be permanently overloaded.... it may be the only way to go! Will update this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton Mersey bar mizer shower issue - its too cold...! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock