Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco Boiler seal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crm

Hello,
could anybody point me in the direction of a supplier either of a NOS seal or a suitable replacement boiler seal ?
The boiler is a Trianco WM 45/60 RS, the seal as I recall it is of a flattened U form, rope type which is fitted over the
pressed steel edge of the burner assembly inner housing, the service manual unfortunately does not seem to include
a part number for this item on the exploded diagram.
It is probably unrealistic to think that a genuine part is still available, however I would be pleased to hear your thoughts
on other potential solutions. I perhaps should add that at this stage the boiler has not failed but each boiler service
increases the chances of the unit being condemned due to a failed seal.
The service / maintenance will of course be performed by a Gas tech but as two professionals have already told me
that the thermocouple cannot be sourced, despite the fact that I found one within 10 minutes,i am not too hopeful
that they would pull out the stops to locate a seal.

Regards
JAR Trianco.jpg

It has served its time. Focus you're time on what you will replace it with. If it is still working and not immediately dangerous or at risk then use the time its still going to save for your new replacement.

I think it unlikely you will source the exact replacement. Can you indicate on the diagram where the seal sits. Can you take a picture of the actual seal or give dimensions? I assume it is not simply glass rope?

Hi, thanks for responding.
I realise its performed well but equally i would of course prefer that it soldiers on.
As for the seal location if you follow the line attached to 26 to the point where it intersects the front
face of the boiler you will see a raised edge formed at 90 deg to the top face of the inner housing, you see it better in profile if you follow it round to front/R. I am not authorised to open the case to
get dimensions but the seal fits over this case edging front and back, approx 1cm deep, the case flnge can only be 1-2mm thick,its appearance is grey woven fabric maybe its not rope and is asbestos (the document from which the diagram is taken is printed 1984) was asbestos in use then ?
Thanks for looking
JAR

Let your gas guys get the bits required. If they cant get them then find one that can.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Boiler seal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock