Search the forum,

Discuss Trappex Centramag Genesis. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Been a big fan of the Trappex Centramag 2 for some time and finally have my hands on the new Genesis filter.

All brass construction and with a 25 year warranty it certainly looks the part, solid but compact.

Initial impression out the box is positive. 2 part construction with a triple seal between installation manifold and main body.

Strong magnet and also removes non magnetic debris. 20191015_230357.jpg20191015_230336.jpg

More to come shortly once I get it installed.

Looks similar to the fernox omega so it comes down to price what sort of figure are we talking ?

Around the same price point then

You can have the omega with or without the valves Simon good for tight installations without valves , trappex unit looks well made for the price . Kop

I am going Trappex on my next install, the fact it removes non-metalic as well makes it a winner .
Does the Omega remove non-metallic debris ?

I always recommend Trapex great magnet strength quality components and I did not design it ! Shaz did...they have been around 10 years or so. centralheatking

Does it have an air vent on top?
Can’t quite tell from the pics

Does it have an air vent on top?
Can’t quite tell from the pics

No air vent on it but doesn't need one, not clear from the pictures I took before but no place for air to get trapped.

The bit sticking up is the magnet.
1571247753091206103791674465827.jpg

Simon , do you buy them direct or through a merchant ?

Neither at the minute. Been a big fan of the Centramag and have used a fair few.

Got this one to have a look at and do a review and you tube video. It's going in on an install next week.

Ongoing I'm hoping that heating world of spares will stock them.

Is the Trappex genesis filter suitable for accepting a Fernox TF1 omega filter flushing adaptor No 62289

Reply to Trappex Centramag Genesis. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock