Search the forum,

Discuss Training courses help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about doing a course to become a gas engineer with Training development Scotland, it's an intense 26wk course that claims to train you to the qualification standard CCN1, CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1 and HTRI. Are these courses as good as they claim to be?. Is it worth the cash? Will I find work at the end of it? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Stay away.

I'm in the process of finding work and taking an apprenticeship.

I at first was going to do such a course but realized that if you want to make it in this trade it takes time.

You can't learn a trade in 6 weeks no matter how intense.

Enroll into a legit college.

Go on the city and guilds website: http://www.cityandguilds.com/

Find a local college that does the course you want.

Stay away from these 6 week course centers, it's a big scam.

Stay away.

I'm in the process of finding work and taking an apprenticeship.

I at first was going to do such a course but realized that if you want to make it in this trade it takes time.

You can't learn a trade in 6 weeks no matter how intense.

Enroll into a legit college.

Go on the city and guilds website: http://www.cityandguilds.com/

Find a local college that does the course you want.

Stay away from these 6 week course centers, it's a big scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Training courses help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock