Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Newbie81

Hi all

I only found this forum today and find it really helpful. I recently passed my NVQ level 1 Heating and ventilation course and am finding it really hard to find a plumber willing to take me on. As you all probably know, You have to be employed to complete your NVQ level 2 and with the current situation it's not easy!

Anyway if anyone is interested or knows of any decent places to look I would be highly interested and very grateful for any feedback.

As mentioned, I passed my first year of the NVQ level 2 at east berkshire college with good marks. I currently live in the west London area, 29 years old, Hold a clean UK driving licence, Extremely hard working and very willing to learn.
Have worked on a number of building sites in the past as a hod carrier / Trainee brick layer so have plenty of site experiance.

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone then please drop me a pm. All feed back is highly appreciated.

Cheers

If you done your heating and ventilation, you want to work with a Heating engineer look for heating firms in your area

Sorry I meant my first year of the NVQ level 2.

Noxer, So you think it would be best to look for heating firms instead?

Thanks

Your Going to have to get employed basically, with a bit of determination you will find a willing employer if you look hard enough! So were you previously employed to do the first year? If you have started on your portfolio and completed your tech cert etc then you shouldnt have to worry about going to the college to finish as long as you can get your previous employer to sign off your portfolio and your previous lecturer im sure you can have it assessed and be passed out. You should ask at your old college on advice about completing the course.
Good Luck

Hi Zilla
I wasn't employed for my first year I was just going to college in the evening off my own back after work. I have honestly tried probably nearly every plumber in London with no luck! Im kind of losing faith a bit.

hi newbie - seems to be a bit of confusion on what you have actually done then - nvq's arent really completed at night in college without an employer - so perhaps you have done your city and guilds level 1 or some other course ive not heard of.

keep trying as you seem keen enough - how have you tried to contact them? telephone? letters? try to make letters more personal to the firm or person your applying too - mass produced letters tend to get thrown in the bin... try putting some signs up in local merchants...

good luck matey.

get down to your merchant early in the morning and pester every one who comes in offering to give them a hand for the day. eventually you will come accross one who is up to their neck in it and welcome for assistance, it may be just to hump a boiler into loft. join the labour que or start your own.

Hi q plumb, what Imeant to say was I have completed my technical certificate. I need to be working to get the NVQ.

Redshaw - I would do that if I had chance but Im currently working a full time job at the moment. I need someone to say you can work with me in order for me to quit. I cant afford to take that chance.

I also forgot to mention in my original post that I would be willing to work for free on the weekends if anyone has any work going.

Cheers

most lads i know try nott o work weekends - but obviously some do.... good luck with it all - loads of people in same boat - like i said to many others - send personal letters not mass produced ones - but your chances are slim - if someone wants to take on a trainee they'll either have someone in family or friends sons to take on or take a school leaver on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m 31 years old hard working and always try to produce quality work. I’ve just finished my level 2 diploma in Plumbing at Leeds college for building. I want to sign up to the NVQ L2 course but need a plumber to work with. I have my own Van and some tools. If there is anyone in the Leeds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. My name is Henry and I am Dorset based, and looking to get into the Plumbing trade. I will have completed my Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing in August this year, and have already signed on to the Level 2 NVQ as well as my Unvented and Water Regs certs, to start after...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
I am currently going through a career change to be a plumbing and heating engineer. I have completed a year long plumbing and heating diploma level 2 at college and have signed up with a assessor at the college. It has been hard to find a placement as most plumbers either don't want the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock