Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee gas engineer trying to understand lockup pressure? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
Recently a gas engineer I was working with talked about testing lockup pressure and we were working on an lpg system. I assumed he was talking about operating pressure which should be a set amount plus/minus 2 which I know is 21 +/- 2 on natural gas which helps to prove the appliances is being fed the right amount and the meter regulator is working but is this what he meant or is there a test to actually cause the regulator ro completely lock off the gas and does this have to be checked everytime and how is this tested. I'm feeling slightly confused, please enlighten me. Thanks

I’m not clued up on lpg, however, please refrain from multiple posts. It’s against forum rules.

Flow pressure is measured when the appliance(s) are all running flat out. When they are all shut-down the pressure rises to the regulator's 'lock-up' pressure. It's an important check that the regulator is working okay. The manufacturer's instructions for the regulator will give full details of values and how to check.

Useful overview of the basics here:

LPG lock up pressure can be regarded as the standing pressure of NG. Tutor will tell you just swift switch off the appliances and check the pressure on the gauge.

Reply to Trainee gas engineer trying to understand lockup pressure? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock