Search the forum,

Discuss train4tradeskills/ the plumbing master course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dcooper47

Hi I am a handyman wishing to expand my abilities. There seems to be a lot of negative press about t4t? has anyone any new information about t4t?

Hi I am a handyman wishing to expand my abilities. There seems to be a lot of negative press about t4t? has anyone any new information about t4t?
I had a good belly laugh at their marketing claims:
1) Shortage of skilled plumbers?
2) Earnings of 70k?
3) Train without giving up your current job?
4) Unlimited work?

Let me address these so called "facts"
1) Too many plumbers because of courses like these churning out would be plumbers.
2) Earnings of 70k plus are onlt achievable if you work 24 hours per day, 7 days a week without eating or sleeping.
3) Makes a mockery of a 4 year apprenticeship. You really only start to learn out on the job not in a classroom and certainly not in 4 months and in the "comfort of your current job".
4) Due to the current economic climate work is scarce in many areas. Too many plumbers chasing too few jobs.

Save your hard earned cash and try going through a proper training route like an apprenticeship. Should take you 4 years not 4 months.
Best of luck if you do come into this industry.

I wish I had done an apprentiship in plumbing at 16 rather than electronics which it turned out I wasn't even interested in.
I wasted 5K on a micky mouse course at 29, left thinking I knew it all but I was wrong, it is probably about 1% of what you need to know.

Agree with system3 regarding these plumbing courses. Here's a little exercise for any would be plumbers/heating engineers. Have a count of the number of plumbers vans you see in a day in your area, not counting BG, SSE, AA or Homeserve. That's the number of advertised independents, there will be a lot more that drive unmarked vans, then you have to compete with the big companies as previously mentioned. If you're not convinced go to the gas safe website and use their search facility, put in your postcode and that will tell you how many registered gas engineers are nearby, there will be many other unregistered workers (some from the big companies doing homers/foreigners). Thats what you are competing against, so anyone telling you that their is unlimited work out there is talking through their corn hole.

I wish I had done an apprentiship in plumbing at 16 rather than electronics which it turned out I wasn't even interested in.
I wasted 5K on a micky mouse course at 29, left thinking I knew it all but I was wrong, it is probably about 1% of what you need to know.
Couldn't agree more

ok, thats not what I wanted to quote on!! What happened there? :rofl:

In fact I'd go as far to say that the content of this mobs advertising is pure fiction, has no basis in fact and that other firms have been prosecuted for less by the Advertising Standards Commision. I'd love to know where they get their information from.

I have absolutely NO PITY whatsoever for the numpties that pay thousands for these courses based purely on what they have read. If I was parting with that kind of money, I'd do a bit of research first to see if their is any basis of fact behind the claims that these training courses make. After all, you wouldn't spend thousands on a car without test driving it first!

Last edited by a moderator:
but then you know, an opinion is only that to be ignored then people who will still learn the hard way, do they not?.

i have a cousin who did the course, he got half way, couldnt complete and he is still paying for it 2 years on!!!!

but then you know, an opinion is only that to be ignored then people who will still learn the hard way, do they not?.

i have a cousin who did the course, he got half way, couldnt complete and he is still paying for it 2 years on!!!!
That's a shame, but his pocket has learned a painful lesson. Why has no government body or Advertising watchdog, taking these con artists to account? Is it because they think that if people do these courses then they turn a blind eye as then there are fewer to pay unemployment benefit to? There are decent course providers out there who offer a decent and honest service. I'm doing a tiling refresher course next year with one, but there's no way after it I'll claim to be a tiler, while these plumbing courses claim that you're a qualified plumber.

If someone is in training then they don't count towards the unemployment figures do they? Might be a bit twisted in my thinking but thats how any government would see it imo. So they encourage these training courses and create new legislation and accreditation targets to be met and their figures look better for the economy when in reality we all know its anything but.

what course did you do?

what course did you do?

VIY in Leeds, they gone bust now but to be fair it was run okay and by time served guys who knew their stuff and I did learn the basics including LCS and lead welding. I have a feeling that most of the guys on my course will have gone back to their old jobs though as there was some right ruff 8a57@rds there.

hi im doing the course with train 4 trdes and nearly finished it now theyve been above board with everything they said and ive been able to loads ov work with what ive learned and with the practicals it seem to me that they only get bad press off people who started the course and cnt be bothered to finish it but thats just my opinion thx

well, It took me 4 years to do my apprenticeship. I've been plumbing for 15 years... and i'm still learning. Anyone can become a plumber in 6 months though, piece of cake! ;0) But hey good luck!

in this trade youll be learning all your life ive been doing nights at colledge as well ive been doing it for 2 years now its only a fast track course if you do it in the 6 months and then think you know everything them are the cowboys that come unstuck but if youve got a passion for the trade like i have then it doesnt seem so much ov a fast track course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to train4tradeskills/ the plumbing master course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock