Search the forum,

Discuss Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbsy

Hi, Is anyone else being shafted with his impossible test. This is NOT a C&G test and is just a blaitant excuse to stop you booking your practical sessions. I have failed it 3 times now. The questions have been written by a 4 year old making no sense and the multi choice questions have no relevence to the heath and safety guidance they have asked you to read through. T4TS will not say what the pass rate is and you get no feed back what so ever. So I am presuming this is a 100% pass rate, which I can safely say seems impossible. I am adament I have answered these correctly, but keep getting fails! Lots of Q's like this..

Review the following statement and select the most appropriate answer.

Statement 1. PPE must be used to provide protection to individuals

Statement 2. Most risks can be overcome in a satisfactory mannor by the use of PPE.

A. Both statements are incorrect

B. Statement 2 is correct and is a result of applying statement 1

C. Both statement are correct

D. Statement 1 incorrect and statement 2 is correct

this is just one of the stupid questions and there are another 44 similar ones.

I am going to phone them tomorrow again and have it out with them!

Anyone else who is going through the same pain please get in touch.

Cheers

The answer to that one is A
reason.
PPE should be used where risks cannot be controlled in other ways
The use of ppe is a last resort after other methods have been considered.

They do throw them at you! C&G questions are also like this (some of them).

I asked one before about why the supply pipe is sleaved at it enters the dwelling and also how many classes of fire there are. The books tell you one answr, the tutor another and then C&G say different but it's them you need to please!

Heres another one for all you alty old plumbers, without books please, what water reserves do the water undertakes usually kep in case of emergency/failures?

Answer to follow after your responses!!!

Happy BH all.

Rocket.

Heres another one for all you alty old plumbers, without books please, what water reserves do the water undertakes usually kep in case of emergency/failures?

Answer to follow after your responses!!!

Happy BH all.

Rocket.

Haven't a clue what they actually have to keep but this is what happens in reality.
If the supply is off for more than 8hrs they have to supply fresh drinking water. This is usually done by providing bottled water (by the pallet load) or setting bowser's up in the street to help yourself

Tamz, thx for your input, the answer is they have to have 24hrs water in reserve.

Our tutor told us 48hrs and, yes you guessed it, the question came up and we all got it wrong!!!

la dee doo doa dee do ddoooo......

A lot of these fast track companies say that as well as passing the C&G tests, you have to also take and pass there own internal test.

They won't allow you to progress any further into the course until you pass each test. Some even charge for resits, if you fail. Their tests are supposed to be harder than the standard tests. (So you fail)?

They say that at the end you will get as well as your City & Guilds qualification, another certificate from them. Of course this isn't accepted in the industry anywhere as a qualification and in my opinion is just another way for them to take more of your money. They make this a compulsory part of the course and say there is no way out of it.

I'm guessing you've already signed the contract and handed over your money, if so good luck, your going to need it.

Shortage of water is never much of a problem up here. It rains for 10 month of the year :smile:

Tamz, thx for your input, the answer is they have to have 24hrs water in reserve.

Our tutor told us 48hrs and, yes you guessed it, the question came up and we all got it wrong!!!

la dee doo doa dee do ddoooo......

mever heard this, how can they ensure they have 24 hours of water on back up? surely if their were no rainfall 24 hours wont make much of a difference?
is it coincidence that water cisterns are designed to have enough water for 24 hours?

I to have spent two years doing the course, passed all my C & G exams including their Health and Safety Test only to have this blatant blocking tactic of an exam thrown at me by T4TS. I have failed the computer based one four times now, only to receive a paper version that is probably IOSH or NEBOSH level. Again i've had no feedback from any of the results, haven't been told any pass rates and if you ring them they just repeat the same old line, " you must complete and pass the test before we will release dates to you". I know of another person who is a Fire Officer doing the course and he is going through exactly the same thing, christ he's got H&S certs coming out of his ears for god sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just done pre assessment test and frustrated with questions and disappointed at failing as thought I had done ok. How many times did it take you to pass and have you any tips
thanks

I have just done pre assessment test and frustrated with questions and disappointed at failing as thought I had done ok. How many times did it take you to pass and have you any tips
thanks

Hi All,
I am also on the plumbing course and have had no reason to doubt it up til now. I know what a previous poster means about the format being similiar to a C&G exam but this is NOT C&G exam. It has no accreditation, it does not count towards your course.
Check out the electricians forum in the same section. To date, no-one has passed either the online or written exam. I received my exam in the post on Saturday but am in the middle of fitting a bathroom so have not sat it yet.
Please please to all people on this course whether just started or nearly finished ring up and ask about these tests, you will NOT be able to book a practical until you have passed them!

Hi All,
I am also on the plumbing course and have had no reason to doubt it up til now. I know what a previous poster means about the format being similiar to a C&G exam but this is NOT C&G exam. It has no accreditation, it does not count towards your course.
Check out the electricians forum in the same section. To date, no-one has passed either the online or written exam. I received my exam in the post on Saturday but am in the middle of fitting a bathroom so have not sat it yet.
Please please to all people on this course whether just started or nearly finished ring up and ask about these tests, you will NOT be able to book a practical until you have passed them!

Thanks for getting back to me andy. I phoned them and they said they know exam is unfair but nothing they can do about it. When you do written one you get feedback which I suppose might help. I had holidays reserved for my practical weeks as thought would be there before end of march but now will need to use next years holidays. Very frustrating

Shortage of water is never much of a problem up here. It rains for 10 month of the year :smile:
Theres never a water shortage up there as my Scottish pals believe in preserving it by not putting any in the whisky is this true regards turnpin:54:

First time I bought the old Father in law a whisky I said would you like anything in it "Oh go on then make it a double" and he`s not even Scottish I soon learned from that mistake regards turnpin
icon8.png

I have just passed the infernal exam & they actually send you your answers back if you have done the paper based one. So I have the answers.......:cool4:
pm me

i too passed this test but on the written one, told i can now do practical 1 & 2 weeks, but can't go to my nearest centre luton because i'm doing plumbing 6189 so got to go to southampton in september or worcester in june, so i'm off to worcester. Tutors at luton a great help, sorry i won't be going there.

I have just passed the infernal exam & they actually send you your answers back if you have done the paper based one. So I have the answers.......:cool4:
pm me

i've just passed too, what dates did they give you, soonest i got was worcester in june.

Hi,
I have failed the online course 4 times and have now received the paper version (which is nothing like the online tests). You say you have the answers? Would you care to share them with me please?
pm me

thats a bit naughty :) cheating !!!!
When I started the course there was no pre attendance test. Now I just want to get on the course proper. I don't care much for this H&S test which is not a requirement of City & Guilds. There's something fishy about this pre assessment test, even a couple of the tutors I talked to didn't know the answers to some of the questions when I spoke to them!

The H&S test is for your own safety. Many doing these courses have never worked in the type of environments they will be entering and come from a workplace where someone else does all the thinking for you.
Any part of the building trade needs people to have a good understanding of health and safety and the responsibilities they have not only to protect themselves but to protect those around them. There will be no one to wipe your nose in this job so you need to learn it. Cheating may kill you or someone else.

The H&S test is for your own safety. Many doing these courses have never worked in the type of environments they will be entering and come from a workplace where someone else does all the thinking for you.
Any part of the building trade needs people to have a good understanding of health and safety and the responsibilities they have not only to protect themselves but to protect those around them. There will be no one to wipe your nose in this job so you need to learn it. Cheating may kill you or someone else.

I think you make a good point Tamz, but spare a thought for the type of knowledge that is tested in an exam. Is health and safety about lists of things to remember, or is it a way of being, which is developed as we work with others in different contexts? In addition some of these tests are like quizes on Richard and Judy.

At a site induction a couple of years ago, I refused to sign an acknowledgement for a health and safety multiple choice test that I had to sit before going on site. The test contained questions I could answer, but some of the situations I had never experienced - such as working with oil-butts and working with protective glasses on all day - never experienced these things, so how could I have 'knowledge' or 'understanding of them' (in the end I signed, because the manager said I wouldn't be allowed on site - so we have no choice in the matter).

These types of health and safety tick-box tests are about 'avoidance liability', so we need to wake up to agreements we are signing, and agreements we are allowing students to sign.

I agree with what has been said about it being for your own safety, but unless you have actually seen/attempted this mickey mouse test then your stance towards it would probably differ greatly.

Hi Lucialia, I have just started a course with Tran4TradeSkills and would like to no how you got on with the modules of this course
ant help or advice I would be very greatful.:wink_smile:deco

My best advice would be cancel it with T4Ts & go to college,that way you'll be sure to get your monies worth & not palmed off with the rubbish they T4Ts spout!

I am so angry at the train4trade skills pre-attendance test.....I have never failed a test in my life...now I have failed this test twice....this is a nonsense test that is designed for failure with multiple part questions and answers...this is farce designed to keep you out of weeks 3&4.....I am a site manager for 2-5million pound contracts and I am audited by the HSE which means I know health and safety better than most but seem unable to pass....OUTRAGE...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock