Search the forum,

Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: train 4 trade skills feedback.

I have just enrolled with T4T Skills last week and if they deliver everything they say then it will be great. It was the 2nd time someone came to speak to, me from T4T, the 1st time the salesman was a c*ck but this time he was more down-to-earth. Out of all the courses I looked at, this seemed the best value and they seemed to include more in their courses than some of the other companies. They don't do an 8 or 12 week intensive course but it's a little more like college where you study over 12 - 36 months but at home instead of in the school and you attend practical sessions and assessments. Like this, I believe, you have a better chance of learning as and remembering everything rather than having everything thrown at you in 2 or 3 months.

The saleman form T4T claims that they will place you with a qualified plumber for e few days after each course so you can be assessed and get some real life experience, if you cannot find a job on your own. Whether this happens remains to be seen as with everything else but lets not pre-judge.

I know it won't be easy (the studying or the work) but everyone has to start somewhere and even when you have worked in the industry for 50 years, I am sure you still learn stuff. I was in the glazing trade for 10 years and I used to come up against new window systems that I had never seen before which means you have to work it our for yourself. That's the same when you start a new career except it happens more often but if you approach it in the right frame of mind, I am sure you can work it out.

Good luck to everyone.

good luck alan.your attitude to learning at a longer time frame will pay of for you.

Train4tradeskills NOT ANY USE IF YOU LIVE IN SCOTLAND. Salesman told me training in centre between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Told another scot, centre in Uddingston. Signed up as I could travel to pratical training. Nearest centre Featherstone near Leeds. No use if you cannot stay due to family/work commitments. Anyone else told centres in Scotland? so much for UK wide.

Thanks David, I hope so. I know there is no short cut to success and I aim to try and learn everything as thoroughly as possible and get a sound understanding of every aspect of Plumbing and Heating. Doing it over a longer period of time has go to be the best way I'm sure.

Cheers,

Train4tradeskills NOT ANY USE IF YOU LIVE IN SCOTLAND. Salesman told me training in centre between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Told another scot, centre in Uddingston. Signed up as I could travel to pratical training. Nearest centre Featherstone near Leeds. No use if you cannot stay due to family/work commitments. Anyone else told centres in Scotland? so much for UK wide.

YES! I was told it was at the same place and during my practicals i found a lot of people told the same thing.
A few people were staying at a campsite near featherstone and said that was cheap.

T4TS have let me down in too many ways to go into here but, I will say that alt featherstone were really good. The tutors have gone out of thier way to help. I have 2 of the tutors private email address at told that i can email them anytime for etra help.

Also there was a girl on the course from glasgow who is being given £300 a week travel expences to go to featherstone but, I believe she had a fight on her hands to get it.

Re: tony bryden from train 4 trade skills

I am currently doing the same course. I got the course material over a year ago but only recently started doing it. Course material seems fair enough, some mistakes but those are higlighted in the online section and corrections given. Done my first scenario which again does exactly what it says it does. I can make mistakes and flood a virtual house instead of a real one :).

So far i have been happy with it, yes it's expensive but at the end I get an industry recognised qualification and the loan is interest free. At the end of the day the qualification is always going to help. I have an NVQ in floorlaying which has gotten me into some large commercial work because as part of thier insurance contractors have to be qualified.

The sale guy who came to my house is also one of my tutors, I got the standard sales speil but to be fair he's only spouting goverment statistics which I would take with a pinch of salt anyway.

maybe on the down turn he was talking about, was people not buying new houses at the moment and instead spending money on renovation of exisiting property, is this maybe what he was getting at?

Any industry at the moment is struggling not just plumbing. But you are not going to complete the course in the next 12 months and hopefully the recession might be over the worst of it by the time you finish. You main question should be can I afford to get into a credit agreement with your current job? is it safe?

lauramo, sorry to hear about your situation but it appears the issue you have is with the credit agreement which you signed not the college itself. 3 weeks cancellation to me seems fair as the legal stance on cancellation of credit agreements is 14 days Credit

Also as you have mentioned they accepted a postponing which again seems fair enough. If you took out a credit agreement on a £30,000 car or £300 tv legally it would still be the same.

NEVER SIGN ANYTHING you are not certain of. I never sign anything there and then as I want to be sure and told the sales rep this. I also asked for a copy of the credit agreement. I told him to contact me in a few days time once I have ingested everything and spoken it over with my wife which he did with no pressure.

If you feel the rep missold you the course in anyway then I would contact them and ask to speak to someone who can deal with complaints
Hello there, I signed up for t4ts, thought it was great idea, salesman really sold it to me ! Told him from very begining 'have been abroad for 10 yrs back here for 3 yrs & can't get a job !' He insisted that it will be ok , you only got to find £35 a week ! I was in a catch 22... need a job, but can't get a job without qualifications ! even though worked for the ol' man plumbing for 10 yrs beforehand !
Since signing up, I had to go to a family wedding in Oman for 2 weeks, which the girlfriends father leant us the money. at the time didn't realise only had 3 weeks to cancel, which coincided with the cancellation date, only realised when the money came out my acount, which made me overdrawn !
I cannot even claim income support or any kind of benefits & t4ts are doing nothing to understand my situation, now I'm getting court summonds fo £ 5995 !!! This is going to ruin me severly, do you have any reccomendations or any sort of way I can get out of this ? regards Mark

Hello there, I signed up for t4ts, thought it was great idea, salesman really sold it to me ! Told him from very begining 'have been abroad for 10 yrs back here for 3 yrs & can't get a job !' He insisted that it will be ok , you only got to find £35 a week ! I was in a catch 22... need a job, but can't get a job without qualifications ! even though worked for the ol' man plumbing for 10 yrs beforehand !
Since signing up, I had to go to a family wedding in Oman for 2 weeks, which the girlfriends father leant us the money. at the time didn't realise only had 3 weeks to cancel, which coincided with the cancellation date, only realised when the money came out my acount, which made me overdrawn !
I cannot even claim income support or any kind of benefits & t4ts are doing nothing to understand my situation, now I'm getting court summonds fo £ 5995 !!! This is going to ruin me severly, do you have any reccomendations or any sort of way I can get out of this ? regards Mark

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you after signing the agreement receive a 2nd copy of the contract with the cancellation rights?
From CDF?
If not you really need to contact them requesting they send this to you (Trading Standards will be able to help, or I can send you a copy of the letter they gave to me , msg me your email address on here), they'll respond stating that they sent it, however what you need to request is a proof of posting. Their word won't be accepted. As they won't provide this you'll have to contact the financial ombudsman.
As myself, and other people online that I've spoken to, only received the copy giving to them by the saleaman.
This may get you out of the contract, you'll still owe train for trade the money but it'll cut out the middle man.

I was lied to when I purchased the course which is why I was so willing to take this to court... As he did tell me that the course was in 3 parts and that I could cancel after the first part. I found out that he'd made an additional box on my contract, ticked it and wrote DB next to it, which stood for domestic plumbing... So when i queried they stated that I was only signed up for the first part.

I'm fortunately out of the credit contract now and am going to contact T4T to see how it stands with them.

Seems many people missold T4Tcourse by reps.
I have finally had course cancelled after10 months. Dispute started in June.
I contacted Barclays and did not stop direct debit - didn't want bad credit.
Barclays gave me a complaint handler from customer relations team.
T4T, Scheidegger or Multimedia (whatever they want to be called) paid Barclays back and I am getting my money back.
Contacted Barclays on 0844 811 9000

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anyone who feels they are going to know it all regarding plumbing is going to be very dissapointed. I have noe done 12 months trading and its been hard very hard. I am not trying to put anyone off at all but dont believe the carp some course providers may dish out. They are salesman after all.

I personally do not regret it and enjoy it but it is far from easy and I know my limitations.

When I tried to cancel with Train4Trade I found out that there were a few companies involved.
After I signed up in October 08, Watchdog were looking at Skillstrain. At the time I thought it was nothing to do with me as it covered ITcourses. The address for Skillstrain is the same as Train4Trade.
My case is sorted but anyone going to watchdog should check watchdog website and let them know it is same address.

When I tried to cancel with Train4Trade I found out that there were a few companies involved.
After I signed up in October 08, Watchdog were looking at Skillstrain. At the time I thought it was nothing to do with me as it covered ITcourses. The address for Skillstrain is the same as Train4Trade.
My case is sorted but anyone going to watchdog should check watchdog website and let them know it is same address.[/quote

Can U tell me what did U do to cancell this course?

Hi jopybus
Ihave just read you note about you train 4 you course how did you do the practical side of it and get you book completed

Re: train 4 trade skills scenario 4

...Yes can you tel me what to do to finish the scenario 4? I chenged the radiator ect but still some problem .

Re: train 4 trade skills scenario 4

plumbing is no longer a trade it is a joke

I have just realised that this post should not be here! as it's not related to T4T Skills, but I'm gonna leave it just incase someone can help - Thanks......

Hi,

I already have my own business based around carpentry and I have been looking into these 'Fast Track' courses for Plumbing. In particular I have been looking at signing up with Trade Qualified Ltd who offer the following C & G qualifications:

· Plumbing Level 2 Technical Certificate - C&G 6129-02
· Domestic Copper Pipework Installation - C&G 6022
· Sanitary Accommodation Installation Maintenance and Design - C&G 6032
· Water Supply Regulations 1999 - Bpec Certification
· Design Installation and Maintenance of Power and Gravity Fed Shower Systems
· Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems - CITB
· Domestic Electrical Installer Defined Scope Part P Certificate - Bpec
· CSCS Site Safety Card
· Appointed Persons First Aid Certificate - Health and Safety Executive

Has anybody come across or had experience of this company? were they good, bad or just okay?

I'm not looking to be employed by any company, I just want to be able to expand on my current business so when I'm installing kitchen or bathroom units / worktops etc I can also offer the plumbing side and feel that I'm qualified to do so.

I have done a fair bit of basic plumbing in kitchens and bathrooms from adding an appliance to ripping out all old pipework and starting again. And I have been told that I am pretty good at it.

Are these courses worth it? I would like to be able to advertise as being a ''Qualified'' plumber as I think in this day and age it carries more weight with the general public due to all of the bad press of letting Unqualified cowboy’s into your home.

I am very close to signing up, but after reading some of the posts on this forum I am now wondering if I am doing the right thing.

Any good honest advice or suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,

MAW

Last edited by a moderator:
train for trade skills ( i need serious help)

iv been doing this course for some time now and havnt paid much attention to it as have been struggling to find a job to pay for it etc. i have recently managed to grab a part time job at argos and iv been reading up on reviews and have massive doubts about the course as it seems i wont even be able to have the qualifications to get employed.
i want to get my money back but whats the best way to go about this?
and i do definatley want to be a plumber and whats the best way froward once iv shrugged this mess off?

Re: train for trade skills ( i need serious help)

When did u sign up for it mate

Hi there,

Just to confirm, did you after signing the agreement receive a 2nd copy of the contract with the cancellation rights?
From CDF?
If not you really need to contact them requesting they send this to you (Trading Standards will be able to help, or I can send you a copy of the letter they gave to me , msg me your email address on here), they'll respond stating that they sent it, however what you need to request is a proof of posting. Their word won't be accepted. As they won't provide this you'll have to contact the financial ombudsman.
As myself, and other people online that I've spoken to, only received the copy giving to them by the saleaman.
This may get you out of the contract, you'll still owe train for trade the money but it'll cut out the middle man.

I was lied to when I purchased the course which is why I was so willing to take this to court... As he did tell me that the course was in 3 parts and that I could cancel after the first part. I found out that he'd made an additional box on my contract, ticked it and wrote DB next to it, which stood for domestic plumbing... So when i queried they stated that I was only signed up for the first part.

I'm fortunately out of the credit contract now and am going to contact T4T to see how it stands with them.

iv bin with train for trade skills a while now and have only just seen these posts... im a bit gutted obviously thinking im going to become a fully qualified plumber... i know now that i was very gullable, but i really need to know how i get out of this.
it was a bloke called bernie that came round and introduced me to it all
he told me i'd become a fully qualified plumber and would get employed easily with any plumbing company once i'd finished the course.
after reading some of these reviews it kind of appears that this was all bull**it.
im signed up to a company called CDF but its gone through to a debt company as i was unemployed at the tym and i missed a couple of payments strugglin to get the cash together.
does anyone know how to get these idiots off my back and out of my life?

try to remember what he told you,do you have it in writing.if he told you there were 30,000 plumbing jobs available in uk he lied ,if he told you,you would be a fully trained plumber with just a few weeks training he missled you ,you should claim you were sold a course not fit for purpose,i would like to know how many fast track plumbers find themselves having paid for expencive training and unable to find employment.some of these companies claim 100% trainee pass but to what standerd

train4tradeskills qualifications

Currently just started my train4tradeskills course, now im not sure whether you just get city and guilds level 3, or nvq level 3? anyone know if your nvq's are included? as it doesn't really explain it properly.

When did u sign up for it mate
i joined up think it was september 08 but put me down for november or somethin cnt remember why tho think it was cuz i wasnt 18 yet.

NO CHANCE!
take what youve got and make the most of it as you can and paid for.
you can stop payments but they will recover them from you so just get your head down and since your not working now, claim your a student any extra could help pay for it?.

Hi there, am on a course with T4TS myself. I expect your on the 6128. Which is what they signed me up for. This does not lead to a plumbing NVQ but a Heating and vent NVQ. Write to train for trade skills and request a transfer to the 6129 course which IS plumbing studies and will give you the qualifications to achieve a PLUMBING NVQ. Hope this is some help. No course is as good as the experience you get from practicing your new skills. So find some willing friends and relatives that you can change some taps and things just to start you off. Also get yourself some decent Level 2 6129 plumbing studie books from amazon. The ones T4TS provide are pants!!!

My case is sorted but anyone going to watchdog should check watchdog website and let them know it is same address.[/quote

Can U tell me what did U do to cancell this course?

hello i have just had my course cancelled only after telling them i was taking them to court and there experianced course adviser ( who is not a ECA but works for a promotional company ) because i was mis sold the course the ECA told me a pack of lies

Has anybody had the same problems as me with train4tradeskills there course adviser coming to your house telling you a load of lies to get you to sign up.then when you ask about going on your 1st practical you are told you have to pay £1000 first and then payed up in full before you can go on any more practicals.( i know my own fault i should have read the terms & condtions) also a 24 month course-35 month finance agreement ????????

never heard about anything like that i pay for my course by DD and have been told i can go on the practical whenever is good for me:confused:

I started the course at the beginning of the year, the advisor told me that there was a centre in manchester so I'd arranged to stay with friends.....now it is time for my practical I find out there is no centre in manchester, my nearest is leeds!!! paying for hotels, travel..... it's going to cost a lot!! Does anyone know if you can claim any costs back i don't have that kind of money!!

hi truemanufan
can you tell me who told you that you get your travelling and accomodation expences covered please, or who i need to ask about it.
Thanks

alright mate ,me personanly would not give them a penny as for getting on a plumbing coarse why not try a local collage from my experiance thats the best option.

College course plus 3-4 years training, I would recommend. Remember your first year will be spent being a joey.

train 4 trade skills scam

i am currently doing a plumbing course with t4ts .i was told when i took the course there was a shortage of 70,000 plumbers in the uk . is this correct? .i have heard the plumbing trade is overflowing at the moment . ihave been to see a lawyer and he has asked me to get as much info as i can on t4ts .is anyone else doing this course and think its a rip off ?. the price of the course was £3950 which i pay £110 per month i have been paying since 01/12/2008

Re: train 4 trade skills scam

no there is no 70000 skills shortage as this is being shamelessly exploited but i fear you are way too late to get any financial refund

i still have £2700 to pay i just want the course canceled to save me that £2700

Shortage of 70,000?

No way, this is a recession we're in.

there never was an immediate shortage of plumbers ,it was an estimated shortfall of 30,000 over 10 years and did not take into account the reccesion,you were lied to if you were told 70,000,did you get this in writing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock