Search the forum,

Discuss Tradetek now changed to rightio Ltd? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber101

.rightio.co.uk

were tradetek at same address as reactfast are tradetek now rightioi?

was thinking of joining tradetek

As far as I can see Tradetek Ltd hasn't changed nanes and is still trading. If anything their accounts seem to be improving year on year.

Rightio don't seem to be Ltd but are at the same address and their twitter account shows a thank you letter from a customer addressed to Tradetek Ltd. So could just be a new brand name or trading name for them.

uploadfromtaptalk1395011743270.jpg

Although if a new trading name of the Tradetek Ltd i'd have thought that it would be mentioned in their T's & C's

http://rightio.co.uk/downloads/rightiotermsandconditions.pdf

Also, on their Facebook page someone called Dave Morgan has posted "Good luck with this venture Chris, I wish you and your team well."

Chris being Christopher John Carswell, one of two Directors of Tradetek Ltd and also director of a new company called My One Contact Ltd.

Never dealt with them myself but have read bad things about them. Anyway, was simply answering the OP, so no need for the WGAF really.

I've seen Tradetek advertising for jobs ( if thats what they are) in the last week. If they are anything like RFast, whom I know from my previous trade......I wouldn't work for them.

Its a personal thing.
I don't use parasites whatever they call themselves, trusted trade we're you best tradesman dogsbollox or whatever, and i never will. If i ever have to stoop so low it is time to get out and if customers had any sense they would steer clear too.
If it floats your boat do what you like. Its a free market capitalist economy.

Tradetek 60/40 split you do the work and provide materials you get 40% they make a call and book you in get 60%

im with tamz on this one

I have no interest in working for them. I would be interested in what they charge customers though.

Well I've been covering work for them since the early 90s, Around Reading, and now in the South West, never had any problems with payments, I don't rely on them for all my work, but find them useful for filling in the blank spots, I am about 15 miles out from Plymouth and find that doing the odd job for them covers my costs of running in and out to do my own work, found that in the more densely populated areas you can make quite a good living just doing their jobs, now I have to be more selective on jobs that are offered due to my location.

I had a message from tradetek the other month. If they were to charge £80 an hour, I fail to see how its really worthwhile working for them? If you were paid by the customer fair enough but if your driving to job, getting stuff signed, getting parts, doing the job, then factoring in the customers who cancel when your at their doorstep and then having to wait a month with all the agro of chasing your money - id want to be getting paid more than £35-£40.

Not Possible , as each job has a different rate, Plumbing / Gas different also depends on time of day, and remember they deduct 20% tax, you will get a % mark up on materials, I always use there account for drawing fittings / Boiler parts, some jobs can be done in 15 min you still get the full Hr , use t get 50% work got a bit tight and its down to 40% at the moment , average job 1hr worth to you £33 after tax, depending where you live you could quite easy get in 10 a day, its what you make of it, use it to fill in gaps , but don't rely on it for your main income , For what I do now it fits in very well , don't bother much now with install work, quite happy pottering about on small jobs, get by on what I earn, finish when I want & no stress or winging customers.

Can't believe they take that big a cut. Obviously they've got costs to cover, but 60%

Can't believe they take that big a cut. Obviously they've got costs to cover, but 60% 
Well if you don't like what's on offer, don't bother applying, A lot does depend on your location, if you work the big city's you can make quite a good living from it, if you are out In the sticks, then no, the bits I do for them cover my weekly running costs in and out of Plymouth

I have no interest in working for them. I would be interested in what they charge customers though.

I was never going to apply......

But thanks for coming back regarding rates.

Not knocking you for working with/for them. Just shocking to see how much they take for passing on work. Admittedly, their advertising & admin costs need to be taken into account, but that's still plenty of margin for them.

I was never going to apply......

But thanks for coming back regarding rates.

Not knocking you for working with/for them. Just shocking to see how much they take for passing on work. Admittedly, their advertising & admin costs need to be taken into account, but that's still plenty of margin for them.
Yes their cut is the Lions share , but you are still making £40 - £50 per hr less tax Labour only ! how much do you need ? no outlay for parts, paid within 7 days, you don't always get that with your own customers.

I recently done £3900 worth of work for them.YES you get payed 7 days later...But I was only payed £840 by them .They was looking into it and speaking to accounts....That was 2 weeks ago.

AVOID

I wouldn't be doing that much work for them before asking to be paid!
Invoice them every day that way they don't get chance to rip you off

I recently done £3900 worth of work for them.YES you get payed 7 days later...But I was only payed £840 by them .They was looking into it and speaking to accounts....That was 2 weeks ago.

AVOID
That sounds like a admin problem, How do you send in your invoices ? always do mine recorded mail, are you sure that they received them ?

All of my customers no matter how good get a 2K limit, unknown customers for work over 1K pay 50% up front.

That sounds like a admin problem, How do you send in your invoices ? always do mine recorded mail, are you sure that they received them ?

All the paperwork got there ok....James the contracts guy I was dealing with said he would look at it and sort it....that was 4 weeks sgo......

i would contact james again, 4 weeks is too long to wait imho. fobbing you off i think.

I agree with Steveb, 7 days is plenty, You may find that James as left the Co, they seem to have a high turnover of admin staff

I'd have been on the phone everyday. They would have paid me by now just to shut me up. 4 weeks is too long to wait for somebody to get back to you.

Hello, I am a house owner, not a plumber and I joined this forum just to let you folks know that I have just had dealings with Right io, because they advertised themselves as 'Which Approved'
(I shall be sending a suitable email to Which after this)
They are a business that you should avoid!
as it may reflect badly on you as Professional Plumbers.

I had an appointment for Thursday so I took time off work ... no one arrived
re-scheduled for Saturday ... wrong type of plumber arrived (drainage work clearly stated by me)
re-schedulaed for Sunday ... no one arrived
re-scheduled for Monday (today) ... no one arrived
and to make matters worse they now say they have not a drainage engineer so cancelled the job.
I had a quote for re-plumbing a small bathroom of 5,000 quid (no plastering, tiling etc.)
Rip-off and I could never trust them now.

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST "RIGHT IO"
Engineering team leader: 'Mo'
'Management': Chris Carswell & Carl Tinnock, I think

I wish that I found this forum earlier, many of the members seem knowledgable and helpful.

Sorry for the rant as a first post here, just wanted to warn others.
Sulaiman

Ive covered work for them for over 15 years, never an issue with payments, In reply to Sulaiman comments about the cost of having a bathroom done by them, not the best idea, jobs like this are better off going to local Trades, Rightio main area is Emergency work, large jobs work out way to expensive. I think that the management has changed, don't get to much off them now as I turn down jobs, expect me to do a 80 mile round trip for a £32 job ! of course I jumped at it, 80 miles at 40p per mile = £32 + 4hrs of my time total earned £0.00, I can get lots of jobs earning this amount.

ive just done a leak that rightio had already charged for £109 per hour

That's about average price ! even down here in the South West, 40% to engineer £36. less tax You finish up with £30. less your overheads, 8/10 jobs a day not bad earnings, can be done in the big city's, not a cat in hells chance if your out in the sticks

Look them up on checkatrade & see the f/back.Enough said.The one where they threatened the customer makes interesting reading!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tradetek now changed to rightio Ltd? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock