Search the forum,

Discuss Tradesman recommendation websites in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
My sister lives far away and needs work done and there are loads out there, which ones would you recommend if any?

None

maybe some here can recommend/ is close to her area ?

If she is on Nextdoor then she should post and ask for recommendations locally ........... that is the best way IMHO

You simply can't trust "trade" sites where people pay to go on them and seemingly nobody gets bad reviews.

Yeah fair enough but the area is new to her. She needs all sorts not plumbers or I would go, general builders and landscapers to start.

Which area? If one of us (good guys all) are there we may be able to pass on a few names - we all know good guys in most trades I guess.

Last edited:
What is the relevance of this?

Our local nextdoor is used a huge amount for this - and I gets loads of calls from people who have found me being recommended on there
In other words she doesn't know many folks or neighbours to get recommendations off although I'll recommend she join Nextdoor and see. She's moved to Stroud.

My sister lives far away and needs work done and there are loads out there, which ones would you recommend if any?
Obviously, personal recommendation is best but if that's not viable this website:

is a reasonable way to compile a shortlist.

If it's a lot of work and/or complicated consider employing a charter surveyor who does project management. A good one will save more on costs than their fee adds.

Reply to Tradesman recommendation websites in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock