Search the forum,

Discuss Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickyplumb

Got to quote for running a load of new gas supplies in a block of flats. The existing gas supply is copper, buried in screed and the denso tape isn't managing to hold up the onslaught of lime.
We'll running this in high leve boxing, obviously got to ventilate it.

Do many of you guys use this on a regular basis and if so, how do you get on with it ?

Tracpipe is bit too modern for me, I'd use threaded mild steel pipework.
it may take a little longer to install but a better job IMHO.

Tracpipe is bit too modern for me, I'd use threaded mild steel pipework.
it may take a little longer to install but a better job IMHO.

I was actually thinking of quoting for that too and giving the management company an option. I'm not convinced of that Tracpipe yet and in all honesty don't know anyone who has tried it on any bigger jobs.

I've used similar to Tracpipe on solar systems.
It had too much movement under heat and pressure for my liking.
Unlikely to be a problem on gas, but I had so many unpaid callbacks That I am possibly unfairly biased.

I've used similar to Tracpipe on solar systems.
It had too much movement under heat and pressure for my liking.
Unlikely to be a problem on gas, but I had so many unpaid callbacks That I am possibly unfairly biased.

Thanks for the feedback MM.

Trac-pipe seems like a good option although you need to be careful where you put your connections as they are compression fittings and need to be readily accessible.

Trac-pipe seems like a good option although you need to be careful where you put your connections as they are compression fittings and need to be readily accessible.

Excactly Adam, I think that's part of the beauty of Tracpipe though. In theory, one connection at the meter and one up under the appliance, all in sight.

Excactly Adam, I think that's part of the beauty of Tracpipe though. In theory, one connection at the meter and one up under the appliance, all in sight.
Exactly.
Never used it myself but seen it used in a number of instals.
Has it's uses for more awkward instals and is a quick and easy option.

used it on a few blocks of flats used barrel up the riser then trac pipe from the riser to the property pop up by the door for 2nd ecv then back under and over to the boiler and hob have to say i was impressed its basically an anaconda in a yellow sleeve. as watch out when installing though joints must be re sleeved up to the fitting and you will need a bigger wheel in your pipe cutter to deal with the recess on the pipe. definitely one to consider. but like all thinks its all down to individual situations and personal preference.

Use a good few hundred meters of it last year doing gas transfers in 3 blocks of flats. The runs were from a cpd in the middle of the house through to the kitchens and run under the kick space of the units Easy and quick to fit. Was doing 4 a day in copper and it went up to 9 - 10 a day with trac pipe.
It is not something i would use everyday as it is too expensive but on that job, the extra cost of the trac pipe was easy covered.

Ive used it a couple of times when I need to upgrade the gas pipe to boilers. I find it very easy to use and saves a lot of time. It is a bit expensive though.

Did you cut it with a normal pipe cutter or dare I ask, hacksaw ?

No, I've got a rothenberg pipe cutter with a stainless blade in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock