Search the forum,

Discuss Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

arfurdaley

Gas Engineer
Got called to a gas leak for a housing association today. SGN already been 2mb drop, tenant smelt gas, supply capped. Apparently HA engineer attended , said 2mb drop ok, turned gas back on.

My work got the call, tenant can still smell gas, I attended today, TT revealed 2mb drop. Copper from meter, connected to tracpipe, back to copper behind kitchen unit (comp fitting on copper side) and up to boiler. Removed back of unit to reveal pipework, compression buckle leaking. Repaired, done TT all ok. Did not refit the back panel on the unit.

Is tracpipe fitting classed as compression? Should it be accessible like a standard compression fitting?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

It is comp so has to be accessible

I have seen a job where they have run a yellow trac pipe across the front of a big house at first floor level and it looks terrible where it has not been clipped enough. I will have to get into using it as it is alot quicker than copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock