Search the forum,

Discuss Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone had to use, or does anyone use, gas seal or similar on the face of a Tracpipe union?

Never not required, no sealant required does say in the instructions

As Shaun says never had to use sealant the pipe needs to be cut square to allow the fitting to form a perfect flange to seal the fitting, given a choice I prefer Gastite pipe and their fittings easier to use and the split ring is bigger . Kop

Attachments

• 20181001_120951.jpg
    20181001_120951.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20181001_121009.jpg
    20181001_121009.jpg
    977.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20190206-083643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190206-083643_Chrome.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20190206-082730_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190206-082730_Chrome.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
As Shaun says never had to use sealant the pipe needs to be cut square to allow the fitting to form a perfect flange to seal the fitting, given a choice I prefer Gastite pipe and their fittings . Kop

agree gastite much better no tape afterwards etc

Whats the difference in the pipe?
Or is it just better fittings on the gastite

I wrapem
gastite you dont have to tape at all
Agreed Gastite split collar locks onto the outer jacket as well as the pipe creating a seal on them both .
[automerge]1567543989[/automerge]
Pipe is much the same bud its the fittings that differ have a look on you tube . Kop

pipe dia are different eg 20, 25, 32 etc

as trac pipe is 15, 22, 28 etc

also fittings are different gastite you dont need to add tape and cheaper

trac you need to add tape after wards

Nice first post. I assume you're something to do with Tracpipe then?

If so, go steady please. You aren't allowed to plug your own products on here.

Thanks

Dan

Dan

I'm not, I did the Tracpipe installers course on my Gas course 2 months ago, so its still fresh in my mind.

Still waiting for ACS pass results to go through before I can be Gas Safe registered.

Shaun sums up the options very well ( with which I agree). Irrespective of which product you use, a tightness test properly executed identifies problems before you leave site.

Reply to Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock