Search the forum,

Discuss Tp9000 won’t stop heating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, moved to the house with tp9000 controller with sensor downstairs and another thermostat in top bedroom. Normally all works ok , ch and hw works as per temperature set points. Once a week(random) downstairs controller will not turn off and heat all the time. No red lights are on so it does not ask for heat. Upstairs does not ask for heat, but boiler runs and downstairs radiators are very hot. I tried resetting boiler, controller , switching whole system on/off, nothing helps. Once in this situation the only solution is to turn the whole system off(local isolator in the kitchen) and wait 3-6h (not sure exactly). Afterwards all seems to be in order again. Thanks for any ideas/advice in advance.

Sticking microswitch in the motorised valve. Do you know what type you have? Have a look in your airing/cylinder cupboard
Thanks for the answer. I attached photos. I think that v40443h11106 is the downstairs heating (Honeywell)

Attachments

• E7A29E92-954B-4D0D-8191-B4B09192DC48.jpeg
    E7A29E92-954B-4D0D-8191-B4B09192DC48.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 823EDC60-A6EF-4FC0-BD41-3FBC2F7619DD.jpeg
    823EDC60-A6EF-4FC0-BD41-3FBC2F7619DD.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 4
  • E5A97186-A02F-4439-A744-EF8911EFBE3C.jpeg
    E5A97186-A02F-4439-A744-EF8911EFBE3C.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 4
So next time it fails, if you have any test equipment you can test the wires in the wiring center. However you can just try and move the lever, if it’s floppy (no resistance) then it’s pretty much failed.

So next time it fails, if you have any test equipment you can test the wires in the wiring center. However you can just try and move the lever, if it’s floppy (no resistance) then it’s pretty much failed.
Thanks for the reply. All valves seem to be good. If I pull the lever, it makes quite a resistance on all of them. I release the lever and it moves back to original position. Will wait for it to fail and check again. Is it easier to uncover valve head and check if it really fails or should I do it on the other side (wiring center box) ?

Reply to Tp9000 won’t stop heating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock